Chapter 24: Rose's first time in the woods

I wake up to the touch of Rose. "Come on Clove! You promised!", she says "I know I promised all right", I say waking up. "Go take a shower and then we leave", I tell her. She nods and I go into the shower. Today I dont feel like doing anything at all. Its 5 am, and Cato is still sleeping. Good for him, he always has to stay up when I have nightmares, like today. I get out of the shower and put my hunting boots and the red shirt from the games and also the jacket. I put on the pants that I had for the games too. I look exactly like I did for the games. I fix my hair in a ponytail with balls of hair going down it. Clove,the girl with the knives. I go out of the bathroom and look out the window. It is still dark. Perfect! No one will see us getting into the woods. I go to Rose's room and find she has the exact same outfit I had for the games. She looks like me, only smaller, like if I had gone into the Games at age 10. "Where did you get that?", I ask "Get what?", she says doing the smirk which I was famous for in the arena "The outfit", I say "oh, they are selling outfits like yours everywhere in D2, and they are selling Cato's too. Everyone is thrilled to have 2 victors come home", she says. "Ok cool, now lets go before it clears up", I say. Im taking her to the woods to train her, if she gets reaped. You go into training school the day you turn 12, but she begged me to train before, so she could have a chance of winning, and i agreed. Nothing can go wrong, right? We get out of the house and head for the woods. I help her get under the fence, and then I get under it. We go near the stream, and I get my weapons. Swords, bows, arrows, knives. All sorts of stuff I have been able to get from the training school. I test her in every weapon. Sword, no she is too weak to handle one. Bow and arrow, she's good at it, very talented indeed. Knives, she is amazing with these, she has an amazing aim and strong arms. "You could totally be me when I was younger", I tell her. She smiles and then she makes her eyes turn darker. I used to do that a lot in the arena too. She is learning from me. "You do know that I am not a killer, right? I didnt kill those kids because I wanted, I killed them because I had too. So if you ever go into the games, dont be arrogant. It gets you no far. Kill fast and if possible, painless", I say. She nods. "Ok, now we have to put some muscle in you!", I say looking at her "50 pushups", I say smirking.  "But thats too much!", she says "Well do you wanna win or not?", I tell her. She does the pushups, and while she does them, I swim in the stream. I love swimming. "Im done!", Rose yells "50 more", I yell back. She does them and I examine her. Good looks, muscle, experience with knives and bow, she is a born career. I smile at this. As I hide my weapons, I see a mockingjay. I dont pay much attention to it, and continue hiding my things. I lead Rose to our house and tell her to take a shower. It is now 4 pm. I have to take her twice a week now until she turns 12. Cato is still sleeping. Good for him, I say think. He stayed up all night yesterday trying to get me to sleep without crying or screaming or both. I take a shower and I glance out the window. Another mockingjay? Whats up with those today. I go downstairs and watch tv. This is so boring. There's nothing to do! I decide to go to the garden and do something. I begin climbing a tree, and sing there. Another mockingjay. Ok,  now this is getting weird. Mockingjays are almost never around in D2. I go inside my house and eat a salad. Then I go and change into my nightgown. I go and read a story to Rose and tuck her in her bed. I kiss her on her forehead. Then I go to my room and go to sleep next to Cato. This day feels weird. I fall asleep.