Chapter 12: Little Rue...

We go back to find marvel. "Katniss, Katniss" I hear the voice of a young girl. It is Rue. I run to find where she is. I find her. She is in a net. I hide behind a bush and I am about to jump out to help her when I see Katniss. She runs and sets her free. She hugs Rue but when she puts her in the ground, Marvel throws the spear right in Rue's stomach. When I see this I can only think of Rose, my little sister. Katniss sends an arrow right through Marvel's neck. Good. he deserved it for killing Rue. Katniss sings to Rue. I turn around and see Cato crying. I find myself crying too. Katniss sings Deep in the meadow, under the willow, a bed of grass a soft green pillow, lay down your head, and close your eyes, and when they open the sun will rise, here it is safe, and here it is warm, and here daises guard you from harm, and here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true here is the place where i love you. I know that lullaby. It is known in all of the country. My brother Joan used to sing it for me. Cato knows it too because he sang along. Katniss then puts flowers in Rue's wound. She then looks right in the camera and puts her 3 middle fingers in her lips and then takes them off. A sign of rebellion. Awesome. She then leaves. I jump out and touch Rue's hair just like I did when I first met her. I gave her a kiss in the forehead. I gave her my token. I put it in her small wrists. I lay down next to her. Even though I did not know her, I feel like I did. I cried. Cato gave her his token. A necklace with a sword. He says it means strength. We leave her and see how the hovercraft takes her away. I didnt care if Marvel died. He killed little Rue. The girl i am sure everyone loved.I walk with Cato and say "It is not fair. She didnt have a chance to have her first kiss, her first love, or her first heart break. It just isnt." " I know it isnt but it isnt our fault", he says. We kiss and he  holds me. He picks me up and takes me to a tree. He helps me climb it and we sleep there. Up above the world, up above it all. We cuddle and we sleep. We watch the stars and he says, "I havent changed my mind. I am protecting you" "Thank you cato...but i dont want to win.", i say "what do you mean? dont you want to go back and live in a victor house, with  food and fame and money?", he asks sounding confused "No, i want to be with you", I say. He smiles and says, "It cant be Clovie, it cant be like that, you must win and I shall die for you. My girl, i love you" I cry and cry. He is my everything. I dont want to die, but i dont want to lose him. I hate the Hunger Games.