Chapter 22: Victor's Village

I walk over to my old house. I go in and see everything the exact same way it was before the games. My mom will never see this house again. They took her away. I go to the living room and find a picture of Joan. He looks so powerful. His smile and his green eyes. I take the picture and put it in my bag. I will take it to my new house. Then I see a picture of me. Smiling. Happy. I smile at this. I put it in my bag. I find a picture of Rose, in the bag it goes. I pack Rose's clothes and things and tell her to go to our new house to put her things in her room. I go to my room. I lay in my bed, stroking the soft matress. Cato lays down next to me "Im selling my house", he says. I look at him confused, "Which house?", I ask "The one on Victor's Village", he says "No you cant do that. Its your house, you won it in the games!", I say "Yeah, but I want the money so I can give money to the families of the dead tributes. Maybe someone rich will want the house", he says "Then where will you live?", i ask "I dont know yet. Maybe in my old house", he says "No, you're moving in with me!", I say. He smiles and nods. Just me, him, and Rose. The perfect family. I get my clothes and pack them and we leave the house. I lock it and say goodbye to the house. We walk over to the house on Victor's Village. Its a white house. It is bigger than two of my old houses combined. It has a beautiful garden with white roses. Of course, President Snow's roses. They want us to feel that he is watching us at every moment. I walk over to the door and see a piece of gold next to the door that says Clove Greenleaf: Winner of the 74 annual Hunger Games at age 15. AKA: Girl with the knives. I try to ignore it as much as I can. I get in the house and pick my room. The window lets me see the woods, something that soothes and calms me. I give Rose the smallest room. Now with all these food, if she gets reaped, at least she will be strong. Cato chooses a room exactly like mine. He takes his stuff out and puts a picture of his dad in his nightstand.He really loved his dad,  but he died when he was just 7. He takes out his clothes and puts them in the closet. He smiles at me and I smile back. He walks over to me and kisses me on the cheek, "I am going to find someone to sell the house to", he says smiling. I nod and he leaves. In go to my room and begin unpacking my things. I put the picture of Joan and mine in the nightstand. I put my clothes in the closet and walk over to Rose's room. She already unpacked her things. "Here, I got a picture for you", I say handing her picture. She smiles and I leave. Our rooms are upstairs. I go downstairs and take a bath. I fill up the tub with warm water and just lay there. I think about what Enobaria told me, about a book, to keep her from getting sad. I decide to go buy one, a book. I get out of the tub, put some clean clothes on and head for the market. I lock the house and tell Rose to only open the door for Cato. She nods and I leave.  I walk through the streets to the market. I see Monica buying food for her family "Hey Clove!", she says "hey!", i say "What brings you here Clovie?", she asks "Come to my house with me after I buy something ok?", I say "Ok, i'll wait here", she says. I walk over and buy  a book, paints, and pens. Monica and I walk over to my house. I lead her to my room. I shut the door behind us. I open the book and she is looking at it. I take a pen and begin writing. District 1. She looks at me and hugs me. "Enobaria told me to do a book with all the tributes from the games so I could remember them and write all the good things or qualities they have", I say. I begin with Glimmer. I draw a picture of her with her long blonde hair and green eyes. She has a bow to her side. Her weapon. I write notes about her like, One of the bestfriends I had in the arena, weapon is the bow and arrow, trackerjackers killed her, she was nice and caring but turned into a career.Age: 17 Then I begin with Marvel. Monica is looking at him. I draw a skinny and tall boy with dark hair and brown eyes. I then draw a spear next to him. His weapon. I do all of this for all of the other tributes. When I get to Rue, I start crying. I wanted her to win. Cato then comes in and Monica takes him out. I stay in my room and overhear them talking. "You should sleep with her until she doesnt get nightmares anymore.", Monica says "I know. I wont leave her. I'll be there to protect her. She's my girl and I'm gonna marry her", he says. I smile at this. I want to marry him, but we cant do that because i am too young. We'll have to wait for that. I fake being asleep when I hear them coming. They both lay down next to me. Monica holds my hand. She always does. She is always there for me. Cato brushes my hair with his hand. Like he did in the games. The 3 of us fall asleep.