Chapter 8: The games and bloodbath

I wake up and see that Cato isnt here. He is taking a shower, I hear the water running. I get into my shower and cry there. Cry until i dont know which tears are tears or water. I know that if I come out of the arena, Cato will be dead. I get out of the shower and go directly to my launchroom. In D2 we call it the chamber to pride but I call it slaughterhouse. Mine is better. My stylist gives me some sweatpants that are really warm and a green t shirt. He then gives me a waterproof hoddie and an insulated body heat jacket. "It will get cold at night" I nod. He then gives me 2 pairs of socks, in case one pair gets wet and gives me waterproof boots. They are comfortable I run around to feel if they are comfortable. Then I eat. A lot of coffee so I get hyper and fast. Then he gives me my token. The bracelet my bestfriend Monica gave me. I put it on and smile. I miss her so much. We wait there until I have 30 seconds to get it the tube. "I will see you soon then", he says with a smile, I know he is about to cry. I hug him and cling onto him. "Be careful girl with the knives" That is my nickname here in the capitol. I get in the tube and it rises. I look around. a lake. Woods. A field of grain. The cornucopia. I will run and get the stash of knives over there. I prepare myself. 10 seconds. I look at Cato. He blows me a kiss. 5 seconds. I blow him one. 3,2,1. The gong sounds. I run as fast as I can I get the knives and protect the supplies. I see Katniss fighting over a backpack with the boy from 9. I throw a kinfe in his back. I then throw one in Katniss's head direction. She shields her hair with her backpack. I run towards her to force her to leave. I want to kill her myself so she doesnt suffer. I turn around and see Rue. I run over, get a backpack and give it to her. "Run Rue!", I say she smiles "Thank you Clove!", she says. I smile and run to the Cornucopia. 11 cannons. In matter of minutes. Cato, Glimmer, Marvel and I made it. Now it will get harder. More tension and more betrayal. But Cato is protecting me, so I guess it is ok. He leans and kisses me.