Chapter 16: Mutts

I know something horrible is going to happen today. It is 1 am. "Cato, we should hide in the Cornucopia or near it", I say "Yeah, lets go Clover", he says. We get down from the tree and start heading for the Cornucopia. I hear a twig break. I turn around and see a wolves. "Mutts!", I say screaming and I grab Cato's hand. We run fast, and one mutt bites my heel. It didnt stop me, thanks to the armor. This armor makes us run faster.  I see Katniss and Peeta running near us. I am tempted to throw a knife, but I need to get to the cornucopia. Cato helps me up and then he gets up. Peeta is injured but Katniss is okay. Obviously, she only thinks about herself. If Cato was left behind, I would go back to help him. Katniss shoots an arrow at me, but it bounces off. My body armor is strong enough. Cato grabs Peeta into a headlock. While Katniss is busy trying to free Peeta, I sneak up behind her. I nod to Cato and he breaks Peeta's neck. As Katniss is about to shoot her arrow, I push her off the Cornucopia. The mutts get her fast, but I cant watch her suffer. I take my knife out and stab her in her forehead. Then I hear the cannon. We won the games, against all odds. I stare at Cato as he tries to kill all of the mutts. Then I see a mutt with green eyes and blond coat. "Glimmer!", I yell excitedly, I loved Glimmer, she was one of my best friends here in the arena. The mutts suddenly dissapear, and we get off of the Cornucopia. I hug Cato and he says, "Shouldnt they have taken us out already?", he says looking at the sky, looking for a hovercraft. Then Claudius speaks, "Attention remaining tributes, the rule change that 2 victors can win has been revoked, only 1 victor shall survive". I look at Cato, he has eyes of sadness and anger. He takes all of his weapons and throws them in the lake. "I will not kill you Clove. If you want to go home, kill me", he says handing me his sword "I wont kill you. They have to have a victor, dont they?", I say throwing the sword in the lake. I take his hand and lead him to the pouch of nightlock Katniss and Peeta left in the woods. I take some and hand them to Cato. "I rather die than live without you", I say "On the count of three, we eat them AT THE SAME TIME CATO", I say almost screaming "Of course Clove", he says with a sad voice. "One, two", I say. We almost put the berries in our mouth when Claudius speaks, "STOP, STOP. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the victors of the 74th annual Hunger Games, from D2!" I smile at Cato and hung him. We laugh and hold hands. Then we see the hovercraft. We get in, and some doctors come in. I see they are removing Cato's tracker. Then they put him to sleep. What are they doing? I try to break loose but then I feel the sharpness of the needle and everything goes dark.