Chapter 18: Capitol Party

I wake up from the nap I took in the hospital. I notice that I was put to sleep with anesthesia. They waxed all of my body to get rid of hair. My eyebrows, my legs, everything. I look at myself and see a totally different person. I am not Clovie from the woods, I am not Clover, I am not Clover from the games, I am Clove. A victor. A Career Victor. A murderer. How will I sleep at night? How will I survive these days until my death? My stylist comes in and I dont hesitate to hug him. He has a strong grip, it makes me feel safe. "Tonight you have a party, Clove", he says and I look away "I know you probably dont want to go, but you have to sweetie", he says sweetly "Ok, so what do i have to do. Oh I know maybe put some makeup to be me, or maybe put a fake smile that hides how sad I feel about Glimmer dieing and about Rue and everyone dieing. How does that sound", I say sarcasticly. He laughs. "No, i will just put some lipgloss and mascara, and a beautiful dress.", he says handing me a blue dress with high heels. I put it on and I look gorgeous. Just like I did in my first interview with Caesar. "It is gorgeous", I say twirling around in it. He smiles and puts his hand out to guide me to the party. I walk with him into a huge room with food, a dance floor, sponsors, MENTORS FROM OTHER TRIBUTES, beer, drinks, etc. I turn around and see Cato entering with a stunning blue suit. He looks handsome. I cant help but remember Marvel in his blue suit for his first interview with Caesar. Its like they want to remind us of our friends in the arena. As soon as Cato takes my hand, I hear someone announce "Cato and Clove, from D2" we walk past the mentor from other districts and they have fake smiles on. And I know it. It must be terrible to mentor a child and then watch them die. And there's nothing you can do about it. We sit in a table, just the two of us. "You want to dance?", he says smiling "Sure, why not?" I say as he leads me to the dance floor. We slow dance to a song called "A Thousand Years". I love that song and I relate a lot to it. I first met Cato while we were alone, and when he tells me to do something, my doubt goes away, because I love him. I put my arms around his neck. "You know Cato, when I first met you, I wasnt sure I could like you. You know, I was just turning 12, and I wanted to show no feelings to be a great career. But you just made me fall in love. From that moments, I didnt want to go away from you. I wanted to stay with you, it wouldnt matter if we were rich or poor. But you see, love is stronger that fear, isnt it", I say smiling. He leans in and kisses me. I love him. And I know I wont stop because we've been through so much together.