Chapter 39: Straigthening up

Bambam's POV

The plan has been set and everyone is busy training for the upcoming semi-finals. I feel relieved that we fixed the problem with Jungkook and Lisa. Now, we are on one team. Yeah, I'm happy.

Who am I fooling? I feel broken. I feel agony. I feel lonely. No matter how I deceive myself in believing that I am happy for them, I really can't hide the fact that I wish they never made up. You may call it selfish but what can I say? I love Lisa even before Jungkook came into her life.

My life are full of ifs right now. What if I confessed to Lisa before Jungkook? What if I didn't helped them? What if... What if...

I guess I have the second leading man syndrome. The kind of guy in dramas who loves the girl but chose to set the girl free and be with the man she loves. That's me. I'd rather chose to be in pain just to make sure Lisa is happy. A martyr, that's what they call it.

"Hyung... Kwaenchana?" Mark asked me with worry in his eyes.

"I'm okay outside but broken inside." I said to him meaningfully.

Smiling at me, he pats my back. "Don't worry hyung, you will find the right one for you. Maybe the god above has a different plan for you that sort of thing."

"This punk! Where did you get that?" I place him in a headlock.

"Dramas hyung. Yugyeom hyung's contagious disease got me. He let's me watch a lot of dramas." He chuckled.

"You're not in the right age to watch drama. You should watch cartoons." I teased him.

"Hyung! I am not a kid you know. I am the sickest rapper of NCT!" He huffed with his ears red.

"Hahaha yeah yeah." I just ruffled his hair.

----------------

"B! You are getting rusty." Lisa laughed at me.

We are currently in the training arena. I am having a sparring with Lisa and I am currently losing. How the heck this girl retain her fighting abilities from a 2 year hiatus?!

"Okay! Okay! I surrender! Don't break my arm. Sheesh!" She is currently holding my arm behind my back.

She chuckled and lets go of my arm. Now is my chance. I grabbed her arm, pulled her and pinned her to ground. I struddle on top of her so that she won't escape. I grinned at her triumphantly.

"In a real battle you can't give pity to your enemy. It may be the end of you." I said to her.

"Araseo. Araseo. You sly snake." She laughed while raising her hands. Why snake? Because of my name. If you write my name in hangul it means snake-snake (뱀뱀).

"I defeated the queen!" I pumped my fist in the air.

I heard a fake cough and looked up. Jungkook is glaring at me. If his glares could kill, I would be buried 6-feet under the ground by now.

"How long are you planning to struddle on top of MY girlfriend Bambam?" He said in gritted teeth.

I just realized that I am still struddling on top of Lisa. I immediately got up. I was about to help Lisa up when Jungkook held his hand first.

"Thanks. We are just playing around Jungkook." Lisa explained.

"Yeah. Playing around." He said with anger in his tone which made my ears twitch.

"What's making your butt so hot that you're always angry with my interactions to Lisa? Got any problem with that?" I hissed at him. He is getting into my nerves. This ungrateful rabbit!

"Yes! I got a problem! The fact that you are so close with my girlfriend is the problem!" He burst out.

I grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer. "The f*ck with you! Remember Jungkook, I am Lisa's bestfriend. I came in her life first! So, don't act like you own her!" I really hate this guy. Yes, we were close but that's a 'were'.

He also grabbed my shirt. "You *ssho-" he was cut off because Lisa shouted.

"Would you stop it!" She glared at us which made us let go of each other.

"I don't permit any fights in my gang! Gosh! We are a team but here you are fighting each other! Get your acts together! You were friends before, what happened to that friendship? Just because of me?"

"You are not a 'just'." Jungkook half-whispered.

"If that's true, please stop fighting. We've got a bigger fish to fry. If you're gonna act like that, I will not let you fight in the semis." She crossed her arms in front of her while glaring at us.

"But, Lisa." We both said. Not fight? I don't want that.

"Then, you guys talk it out. By tonight if you won't settle things and still fight..." she looks at Jungkook. "I will break up with you." She then looks at me. "I won't be your bestfriend anymore. I won't talk to you guys."

Our mouths hang open. I feel nervous. If Lisa says it, she definitely  means it. I looked at Jungkook who's in the middle of confussion and nervousness. He's face is epic! I accidentally let out a snort that made him look at me.

"What are you laughing at?" He said.

"You.face...so.epic." I said between laughs.

"Says the nervous snake." He said with a smile on his face.

"Scared of Lisa?" I asked him. The hatred towards myself because I was late in confessing to Lisa led me to forget my friendship to Jungkook. It's not his fault but why am I angry at him?

"Yeah. She is definitely scary when angry." He then scratches the back of his neck.

"Welcome to the club." I said, offering my hand to him. He took it and shake on it.

"Sorry if I got jealous. I know it's normal for you guys to goof around because you've been friends for years but I took it the wrong way."

"No, I am sorry. I took out my anger on you. To tell you honestly, I do feel something for Lisa. But, I already accepted that she loves you not me. I was a coward to confess to her, now you got her. I feel frustrated and regret took over my system. Sorry, bro. Don't worry, I support you. I shouldn't have helped you guys out in the first place if I still want her for my self, right?" I sadly smiled at him. He hugged me. You know, those guy hugs. We are not gay just to set things straight.

"Thanks, bro. Thank you for being honest and thank you for helping us."

"Want to grab some lamb skewers? I am hungry. My treat."

"Wow! The great Bambam is treating me food! I thought you never bring your wallet?" He teased me.

"I do, for now." Then we both laughed.