Part Of Your World

Author / peachykim
Word Count / 7K
https://archiveofourown.org/works/12016173?view_adult=true
________________________________

The sun is still hanging in the sky, high and proud, bright like the star it is when Hoseok spots the bus from afar and quickly grabs the tiny yellow bag that was at his feet a second ago.

"Baby, the bus is here, come here," he says softly, extending a hand for the small kid sitting on the wood bench to take.

A small smile, fond and secret, finds its way on his lips when he stares at his daughter— her pigtails are quite messy while she's totally dazing off at the bus stop. It's adorable. But Hoseok's very proud because she didn't lose her bunny hairclips this time (it's the third time he bought the same, this month). He makes a note in his head to tell her how proud he is when they'll be home.

"Haewon-ah, darling," he tries again, this time crouching down in front of his daughter, patting her tiny yet round cheek lightly. "We're going home, love. Mister Juno is waiting for you, hm? You'll sleep when we'll be home. Come on."

Luckily, Haewon finally wiggles a little at the mention of her favourite giraffe plushie, bringing a lazy and tiny fist to her almost closed eyes to rub it.

Sometimes Hoseok thinks she loves Mister Juno more than him – the small purple giraffe owns her heart. There was one time, when Haewon was younger, she had stolen a cookie and ate it so Hoseok had just taken her Juno away to punish her. She cried so much and sulked for a whole afternoon. In the end, Hoseok had panicked and apologized because his daughter's eyes were so red and puffy, it was making his heart hurt. She got Juno back. And still sulked for awhile. Hoseok was miserable.

He watches her yawn and slides his hands under her armpits to get her up from the bench, holding her to make sure she's not going to plop back down on the floor. "Want me to carry you, love?"

He actually knows the answer but he still asks because she used to say yes. She's growing too fast – he always complains and Yoongi just laughs at him. This asshole.

But now, since she's a big girl, she always denies him — only when she knows she's safe though. She always asks her dad to carry her when she doesn't know where she is, and who's there. It's endearing because she clings to him like there's no tomorrow and Hoseok feels like a superhero and Haewon always looks at him, all insecure but with so much trust in her eyes.

"Nu-uh," Haewon shakes her head, mumbling as she pouts, a little wobbly on her feet. Hoseok doesn't blame her, they had a long day, both of them. Even if they had different activities.

On the one hand, Hoseok had meetings after meetings and a tight schedule to follow. Those are the days he dislikes the most – when he's in the boss position, and not in the dance teacher position. He has to be all serious and wear a suit and meet businessmen and sign contracts. Sometimes, he doesn't even understand the contracts. It's Jimin who helps him a lot. Running a dance studio is definitely not easy. But he has a great team around him. As long as he's not alone in this, he can do it, endure it for all the kids who come to their classes because they love and breathe dancing.

One minute wasted and his program of the day would have gone to waste. He's thankful for Jimin for always preparing carefully his schedules and putting some minutes of rest in it, he's like his best friend slash assistant, you could say.

On the other hand, Haewon had a huge day as well. Today was The Trip To The Huge Park day! To be quite honest, she had been excited about it for awhile, considering her love for flowers and anything plant-y.

The school had talked about the outings they would do, in the first parents/teacher meeting, at the beginning of the year. Hoseok had been late (as always) and almost lost his shit, thinking he had missed the Entire speech.