Up All Night

Author/ jonghyunslisterine
Word Count/ 5.1K
http://archiveofourown.org/works/7942045#main
___________________________

Yoongi shrugs his backpack more securely on his shoulders, lugging his small green suitcase behind him. If he's being honest, the bed and breakfast doesn't look that nice from the outside. It isn't awful by any means; flowers adorn the windowsill, a cute welcome mat sits in front of the door. But the paint's chipping and there are cracks in the foundation and mostly it just looks old and worn out, which is how Yoongi feels after the bus ride there. Frequent stops and a bus change after the tire burst turned the four hour drive from Seoul to Busan into seven.

With a world-weary sigh, he wheels his suitcase to the front door and tugs it open. The bell above the door jingles. He steps into a small lounge; the wooden walls inside are cracking, too, a water stain on the ceiling above the welcome desk. That's what they get for finding a cheap and mildly suspicious deal online. Too bad he has to deal with it alone, now. He passes a few floral armchairs around a rickety coffee table and stops at the front desk. He's only waiting for a moment before an older man emerges from the office, grinning at him.

"Welcome! You're Room 13, right?"

Yoongi nods, removing the crinkled piece of paper he'd printed out the reservation details on. "Yeah, that's me."

"You switched from a double to a single?"

"My friend cancelled last minute."

"Right this way."

He follows the man from the lobby past the dining area, a cozy place with numerous wooden tables and sitting areas. Old paintings hang on the walls (probably to cover more water stains, he thinks bitterly).

As they pass the dining area, the man says, "That's where you'll come for breakfast, served from 8 to 11. If you're late, there's no breakfast."

The common area connected to the dining area is completely empty. "Is the hotel low on visitors today?"

The man clears his throat, glancing away. "Bad weekend for trips. It's supposed to rain."

It's not. Yoongi checked the weather three times before coming.

He takes Yoongi down a long hallway to a dark wooden door with the small golden plaque labelled "Room 13" on it. He's unlocking it and explaining to Yoongi that if he loses the key it's an extra charge when the neighboring door opens and a head pops out. The guy's smiling, tousled brown hair, chiseled jawline, the kind of smile that makes Yoongi's knees a little weak.

"Could I get an extra towel, please?" he asks.

The owner nods. "Be right there."

Yoongi expects the guy to close the door and go back to his business, but he stays hovering there, insufferably pretty smile fixed on Yoongi. "Hi, neighbor."

"Hey." Yoongi shuffles his feet awkwardly, throwing a wave his way.

A rather loud thump comes from somewhere above them. The guy jumps. "What was that?"

"Huh? Uh, I'll go see," the owner says, opening Yoongi's door. "There's Wi-Fi and a TV. Towels and toiletries in the bathroom. Tell me if you need anything." He hands Yoongi the key and strides quickly away.

Yoongi drags his suitcase inside the room with a half-hearted nod to his neighbor. The room's small, a double bed across a TV stand and a little window with frilly curtains. Outdated floral wallpaper covers the walls, and unsurprisingly, there are more water stains on the ceiling.

At least there's a microwave, tucked onto a table in the corner. With a sigh, he tosses his backpack on the bed. He face-plants after it, sandaled foot knocking into the side table. Something clatters to the floor. Squeezing his eyes shut, he counts to three, takes a deep breath, then sits back up because that clattering very well may have been his cellphone.