Leave You Drowning, Until You Reach For My Hand (PART 2)

Gathering everybody together for a final blowout right before the summer had been a great idea. Yoongi's only thankful that they weren't hosting it, because that's an awful mess that Yoongi really can't be bothered to clean.

So they have the party at Taehyung and Jimin's apartment, the first thing out of the hosts mouths when they open the door being, "So Jeongguk is moving in with us next semester,"

News that Yoongi could have really lived without, because he replies with, "I don't care, where's your drink station?"

Hoseok is too busy to try and apologise in behalf of him, Taehyung and Jimin engulfing him in hugs. Crushing him in a hug is a better description, and had Yoongi not been alcohol deprived for the better part of a month, then he would've worried. But it's Taehyung and Jimin after all, so the worst they can do is break a rib.

Or two.

That's not too bad.

Namjoon is already behind the counter, offering Yoongi a cup the second he gets close enough to do so. "Taste this,"

Yoongi frowns at the murky brown concoction that Namjoon swears is really whiskey and a chocolate drink. He murmurs a very quiet excuse me, sidesteps Namjoon, and dumps the entire contents of the cup into the sink. When he walks back to where all the drinks are laid out in front of Namjoon, he slaps the boy's hand away from trying to make another drink and says, "Don't. I need a good drink, not poison,"

"I'm so fucking insulted," Namjoon takes the bottle of gin away from Yoongi and pours a drink for himself, mumbling under his breath about how clearly not everyone has any appreciation for the fine arts. "Wait 'til Jin hyung tastes this,"

It looks awfully a lot like poison this time around again, only this time Namjoon's artfully decorated it with half a piece of watermelon.

"You're going to kill him," Yoongi deadpans, taking his first swig from his drink (and it's safe to say that it's just vodka and sprite, nothing else, thank goodness). "I like Jin hyung, please don't kill him,"

"Who's planning my murder?" Seokjin laughs, amused. He walks over to them, probably with the intention of breaking up a fight before it even starts, but one look at Yoongi and Namjoon glaring at each other is enough to have him cracking up with laughter.

Some things truly never change.

Namjoon passes Seokjin his drink, grin wide, and Yoongi grimaces when Seokjin takes his first sip. His face turns sour immediately and Yoongi has to take the cup away from him lest he end up spilling everywhere.

"Jin hyung's dying," Yoongi announces, looking at the other three still stuck by the door. "I mean, sorry to disturb your conversation, but my oldest and greatest friend is dying,"

"I thought I was your best friend," Is what Namjoon says, completely ignoring the fact that a mutual friend - a very good mutual friend of theirs is in the middle of a coughing fit, Seokjin white in the face and looking like he might actually end up coughing an entire lung out.

Really not a picture Yoongi wants to see, not when all he'd wanted from this evening was a drink.

"What's going on?" Jimin's voice is high, alarm colouring his tone as he looks from Namjoon to Yoongi, and then to Seokjin, who's finally started to calm down.

Just in time, too, because Jeongguk walks in through the door, completely taking the rest of the attention (he'd gotten it for a measly five seconds, really, Yoongi sort of worries for these kids' attention spans and sense of immediate danger) away from Seokjin.

Beside him, Namjoon pats weakly on Seokjin's back, his apologies rushing under his breath.

"I'm okay," Seokjin says, eyes watery. "I'll just be pouring my own drinks for the rest of the night, okay?"