I Could Breathe Easier Once I Brought You Back In

Author/ sonyeondanbiased
Word Count/ 4.4K
https://archiveofourown.org/works/3560828
___________________________

"So," Hoseok began; the first words uttered that morning even though they had been awake the past twenty minutes.

His was voice was rough with sleep and disuse and Yoongi turned from where he lay, his head on Hoseok's chest, grunting in response.

"You know... I won't be home for your birthday next week."

Yoongi grunted again and Hoseok smiled. If he didn't know any better, Yoongi's grunts could've been interpreted as indifference, but Hoseok had known Yoongi long enough to sense the distaste in that small noise.
"I leave for the airport in-"

"Forty minutes." Yoongi finished for him, moving his head to Hoseok's stomach so the younger couldn't see the frown on his face.

"That's right," Hoseok sighed, resting  a large hand over Yoongi's head. There was a moment of silence.
"You'll be back the day after, though, right?"

Hoseok chuckled. Concern disguised as indifference. "That's also right." He carded his fingers absently through Yoongi's hair, measuring the length between two fingers. When Yoongi's hair got too long it tended to curl into his neck, behind his ears. It wasn't quite that long yet, but it was getting there. Hoseok loved those curls. Yoongi claimed he didn't care what his own hair looked like, but Hoseok knew that if he teased the older about it, his hair would be freshly cut by the time he got home from his business trip. So Hoseok decided not to say anything.

"That's still enough time for you to give me a proper goodbye, though," Hoseok teased, moving his hand to the boy's neck so Yoongi could look up at him. "Right?"

~

At the ungodly hour of 8:45, Hoseok's airport taxi pulled up in front of their townhouse, and Hoseok carried him piggyback all the way to the car. Yoongi's wet orange hair stuck up on one side, and he squinted in the sunlight, burying his head in the crook of Hoseok's neck and inhaling deeply; groaning outwardly when Hoseok bent down to set him back on the ground.

He looked ridiculous, he was sure; his pale legs exposed under Hoseok's giant navy blue hoodie that fell midway down his thighs, the sleeves balled up in his fists and the neck nearly falling off one shoulder, exposing the purple and red marks that Hoseok left under his collarbones just minutes before in the shower. But the driver didn't seem to mind, preoccupied with loading Hoseok's bags in the trunk; and Yoongi was dead set on seeing Hoseok till the very last minute.

Hoseok set him down and Yoongi immediately went to his front, wrapping his arms around his waist and pressing his cheek against Hoseok's neck. Yoongi looked like home, in sharp contrast to Hoseok's business suit, dark hair styled perfectly and expensive watch peeking out around his wrist.
"Just five days, right?"

"Just five days," Hoseok assured him, rubbing the back of his neck. Just five days of single-bed hotel rooms and business presentations and meetings and expensive meals that he won't get to share with Yoongi. Five days without Yoongi's soft hands and warm mouth and lingering kisses. No legs wrapped around his in the middle of the night or hugs from behind while he does the dishes after dinner. No lips pressed against his skin and steady breaths hitting his neck as he falls asleep.

Hoseok inhaled shakily and cupped a hand around Yoongi's jaw, pulling him up for a kiss and Yoongi complied, standing up on tip-toe to meet him halfway. His lips parted obediently against Hoseok's and he whined as Hoseok licked inside, hands clutching the collar of his suit to keep him close.

"I love you," Yoongi said quietly, slightly breathless after parting. Hoseok pressed a chaste kiss to his lips, then his forehead, resting his chin on Yoongi's hair as he pulled him in for one last hug; the driver waiting patiently in the taxi by now.