Seize My Careless Heart

Author/ willinglywastingmytime
Word Count/ 6.5K
http://archiveofourown.org/works/6270451#main
___________________________

yoongi wipes his sweaty palms on the fabric of his jeans. he is sitting with his back straight, shoulders tense, and he can't seem to keep his knees from shaking. he shouldn't be this nervous, has no reason to be this nervous. except that hoseok keeps staring at him.

there's nothing particularly unusual about this. hoseok has a habit of staring at yoongi sometimes, that infectious smile spread over his face in a way that makes yoongi feel special. but there's something in his gaze tonight, something that yoongi can't put his finger on. yoongi can't stop himself from flicking his eyes to the side from time to time, though he tries to keep his focus on the movie.

honestly, yoongi has no idea what they're watching. he just put something random on as an excuse for why he invited hoseok over. he'd been lonely, his parents out of town, and he'd honestly just wanted some company. and he supposes that he did get what he wanted. but there's something tense in the air between them, nothing like the usual easy companionship they share. maybe he's mad at me? yoongi muses. he thinks back, tries to find any conversation or moment when he could have said something to offend hoseok. he doesn't think he did. but then, things are a bit different between them now, aren't they.

they haven't been dating long, only about a month, and yoongi had thought the transition from best friends to boyfriends would be easy. he hadn't thought anything much would change. but evidently not. why else would the atmosphere be so charged? yoongi jumps, startles a bit, when he feels a warm hand covering his own. he feels his cheeks flush as he looks down, sees hoseok's hand resting gently over his own. yoongi flips his own hand over, easily interlacing their fingers together, and relaxes a bit at the familiar action. he looks up and catches hoseok's gaze. hoseok smiles at him, the adoring kind that yoongi loves.

not angry then. then what? yoongi returns the smile, turning his attention back towards the television and musing over his thoughts. his eyebrows furrow, and he leans back into the sofa cushions, shifts his weight a little closer to hoseok, until their thighs brush together. he feels hoseok's answering squeeze of his hand, and leans his weight more fully into hoseok's side, breathing a quiet sigh of relief as he feels hoseok's gaze turn back towards the movie.

the relief is short lived, however, when moments later, he feels hoseok's face burying itself into the crook of his neck, hot breath ghosting over the pale skin exposed by yoongi's big hoodie. (he thinks it might be hoseok's, but he has no time to dwell on the thought.) yoongi shudders a bit, resisting the urge to look at what hoseok is doing. but hoseok stays where he is, hair brushing the side of yoongi's neck and their intertwined hands resting in yoongi's lap. yoongi keeps his gaze on the television screen, still a bit guarded but more relaxed now.

a warm pressure attaches itself to yoongi's neck. he tenses a bit, then realizes that it's hoseok's lips, warm and a little wet from hoseok running his tongue over them, pressing softly into his throat. hoseok pulls away slightly, then moves up a bit, pressing another kiss into the pale skin he finds there. yoongi is holding his breath, trying to determine where hoseok is going with this. when hoseok's lips part, pressing sensually and sucking slightly at the skin, yoongi is inclined to believe that hoseok has less than innocent intentions. "hoseok," he murmurs, a hint of a warning in his voice. hoseok hums in response and yoongi can feel the vibrations against his pulse point, bites his lip and closes his eyes. "hoseok," he says again, more firmly this time. "what are you doing?"

yoongi can feel hoseok smile against his neck. "what do you think i'm doing?" he whispers cheekily. yoongi is breathing a little harder, palm turning a little sweaty in hoseok's grasp. hoseok's teeth graze against the juncture of his neck and shoulder, and he bites gently, licking over the spot. it is this that breaks yoongi out of his daze. he pulls back a little, unlacing their fingers and bringing his hands into his lap, clasping them together a bit nervously. hoseok deflates just a little. "hyung, what's wrong?" he asks, concern filling his tone. yoongi doesn't know how to respond to that, because nothing's wrong, not really. but he can feel his heart pounding in his chest and he knows he's just a little nervous and confused. hoseok furrows his brow, then his expression softens. "why did you invite me over tonight?" he asks in a curious voice, a bit of teasing laced into the tone. yoongi's nose scrunches in confusion, and he forgets to be nervous for a moment. "what do you mean? i got bored; i just wanted some company."