Seven

"I have a meeting with Alvaro tonight," Tony said to everyone. They are all gathered in the common room to listen to him. Everyone looked towards Eve as she remained with her jaw locked and face stone cold.

"Why?" Eve spoke up.

"To discuss you. If you haven't noticed, they want you back pretty bad. You need to tell us what happened there."

Eve waited a moment, began playing with the ring on her finger, then decided to explain. She didn't look up as she did, putting Bucky even more on edge. He didn't want other people to have any experiences like him.

"Let's just say daddy's money got what it wanted," Eve said lowly. Tony was confused as to what she was hinting at.

"What does that mean?" Tony asked.

"You should know." Eve sat back and hardened her look at him. The room stayed silent.

The group saw the rage in her eyes when she looked up. They all knew to take her seriously. Natasha reached over and grabbed Eve's hand in reassurance.

"We can't let them know she is here," Cap said.

"I won't. I think he wants our help to find her."

"Tony Stark," Alvaro said with a fake smile. Eve watched their dinner from her room. For some reason, Alvaro wanted to eat at a fancy public place. She guessed he would want it to be private.

Bucky was walking by her room when he glanced in to see Eve sitting on her bed, legs crossed, her eyes cloudy white. He knew she was looking elsewhere. He guessed that dinner. Bucky decided to step into her room quietly and sit on her chair in the corner.

"I'm glad you agreed to meet me," Alvaro said and opened the door to the restaurant for Tony.

"Sure. What did you want to discuss?" Tony asked him, leading Alvaro to a table in the middle of the place.

"As you know, one of my assets has run away." They both sat as Alvaro continued. "She is very important to me."

"Assets?"

"Yes."

"You make it sound like she wanted to be there. If she wanted to be there, why did she run?" Tony took a sip of his water as he raised his eyebrow.

"I don't know, but I would like to ask her. Do you know where she is?" Alvaro leaned forward, waiting for his response to analyze it.

"No. I don't believe so." Tony kept his face resting as Alvaro leaned back in his chair, skeptical.

"Would you help me find her?"

"Why would I? Seems like she wants to be hidden." Alvaro slammed his fist on the table, rattling all of the silverware and dishes. Everyone surrounding them stopped.

"You have no idea how much she is capable of or how important she is. She is my asset and I will get her back, with or without you." Eve breathed in sharply at his cold voice and rage-filled face. That's the face she remembers, not the polite one he has been using. Fear washed through her, causing her body to tense up.

Bucky watched her change in demeanor nervously and curiously. He didn't know what to do, but he did want to help her. He didn't want her to go through it alone like he did.

The last thing Eve saw was Tony walk out. Her eyes returned to her normal blue as her breathing became shaken. She zoned out for a moment in the thoughts of what he will do until she noticed Bucky in the corner watching her. Eve immediately recomposed herself and acted like she saw nothing.

"You watched the dinner didn't you," Bucky said calmly and stood up to walk to the end of her bed.

"Yes," Eve said quietly.

"What did he say?"

"Threats mainly." Eve smiled tiredly at him. The look on her face showed the sadness she was trying to mask.

"Look, I know you must have gone through hell, but you don't have to go through it alone. Anyone of us here would help you in a heartbeat. My room is always a couple of steps away," Bucky said and offered a sympathetic smile.

"We are heading out," Cap said as he walked up to Eve and Bucky. The entire team had something to do in Europe. Bucky was left to look after her in case Alvaro comes back to get her. "Take care of her, Buck."

"I will." Bucky smiled at him then looked down at his side to see Eve.

"Keep him in line." Cap winked at Eve to make her smile.

The team left, leaving Eve and Bucky alone. It was late so they decided to just go to sleep. Bucky walked Eve to her room, said good night, then went to bed himself.

Eve couldn't sleep very well at all. She kept waking up every twenty minutes. Maybe it was nerves for an intrusion at any time, or she just wasn't tired, she didn't know.

But around 1:30 A.M., she heard a faint, deep noise. She listened in to find the source, only to find it coming from the same place it did a few nights ago. Bucky's room.

Slowly, she got out of bed and walked down the hall, using a ball of fire in her hand as light. Once she made it to his door, Bucky's shouting was evident.

Eve saw Bucky's whole body tighten as veins pop out of his neck and head. Faint traces of sweat cover his face. His blankets were thrown everywhere.

His closet light was on so she extinguished her flame and walked to his bedside. She sat on his bedside and set her hand on his right arm.

"James?" She tried. He stopped screaming, but didn't wake.

"James." Eve raised her voice slightly. Bucky woke up, his eyes wide, ready to fight. He relaxed a few moments later. Bucky then looked over to see Eve then felt her hand on his arm, making his chest warm.

"I'm sorry." Was the first thing he said. He sat up, causing her hand to fall. His hands began messing with his hair, putting it in a bun behind his head. "But, thank you."

"It's alright," Eve said and stood.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I just wanted to make sure you were." Eve made her way to the door.

"Thank you, Eve." Bucky lightly smiled at her as she left. Only then did he realize that no one had called him James in a very long time.