Happy Wedlock?

CHAPTER 21

Happy wedlock?

Arnav carried her in his arms while Khushi kept her head on his chest her arms encircling Arnav's neck.

As they reached the room, he slowly placed her on the bed and gave her some papers from his cupboard.

"Sign these, Khushi."

"What are these?" she asked inquisitively.

"Um actually these are just papers but these hold the power to make you mine in front of the world and the law forever." He sat beside her on the bed.

"Why can't you ever try to be simple for a change? Don't mock me by acting all philosophical! You mean marriage papers right!" She rolled her eyes while he chuckled.

She caught hold of the papers from his hand and started reading them.

"Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada, is this the kind of marriage you are offering your would be wife? I mean no pandit ,no pheras , no sindoor and no mangalsutra? Are you planning a budget wedding or something? Are you saving money for your retirement?
I want a regal wedding! I know you are very rich! Don't be such a miser!" she said teasingly, pinching her fingers on his ribs.

"Okay but first be my wife legally atleast! I thought you liked simple things..." he laughed.

She gave a big wide smile to him and then said "Oh! You have already signed! Desperate Raizada!"

She took the pen from his hands and signed her name on the papers. He stared at her doing so " How did you know?"

"What do I know?"

"That I am rich? I won't say that myself. I am not as obnoxious as you."

"You see ...uh I did my own research on you when I met you at firsst. You always shared a striking resemblance to my Dev but then I thought how could you be Dev and what would he do in London and all! little did I know you were only my..." She encircled her arms around his neck and whispered blowing air on his forehead and then kissing it .

"If you knew that I am rich enough, then why did you ask that Shyam for money?" he clenched his fist and jaw.

Khushi lowered her head. "I ...I..."she hesitated

"Answer me damn it!" he burst on her.

"Maa told me to do so, so I did that." she answered scared knowing that Arnav was very short tempered.

"Well even though you didn't care to ask me I did it!"

"What did you do? "she asked raising her eyebrows up.

"Well, nothing much. I just paid all your family debts, Esha's dowry et cetera."he said casually.

"What! You actually did this?!" she said shocked .

"See I knew you would react like this! This is exactly why I asked you to marry me first. See as your husband and the son in law of this house I can do this much for sure, can't I? Moreover all these issues were tainting the Mahant family's fair name. How could I ever let this happen?" he smirked to her.

She jumped on him engulfing him in her arms." You are such a sweetheart, aren't you! Thank you for doing so much for my family! Now Maa can't have any objection with our marriage!"she placed a big sloppy kiss on his cheek as he encircled his arms around her waist.

As long as you trust and believe me, my revenge is on track! I hope that someday you would be able to forgive me for this Khushi but your trust is damn important for me and I can do anything to achieve it. Even act as your loving husband...

Arnav thought to himself closing his eyes tightly.

******************

Khushi and Arnav went to the main city temple and got married to each other according to Hindu rituals

Khushi and Arnav went to the main city temple and got married to each other according to Hindu rituals. Khushi was very happy and excited, she had nothing to worry about now. There was no threat to Esha's marriage or to her family, all thanks to her Dev...

Idiot! Refer to him as Arnav now!
Khushi mentally revoked herself and giggled.

They walked hand in hand back to the haveli while the whole of Allahabad gaped in horror. The Mahant 's daughter had married a NRI in the absence of her family!

This news spread like a wild forest fire and reached Indrani's ears in no time. She burnt up like coal within seconds. Khushi, her personal puppet had defied her orders! Very soon this puppet shall be revolting against her. She had to do something.

As Arnav and Khushi entered the haveli, Indrani stopped them on the doorstep and greeted Khushi with a slap.

" You ungrateful swine! How could you! How could you be so selfish to let my Esha's marriage pay the cost of your whims to marry this... Arre he is not even from our caste! Forget caste, I don't even know if he holds Indian nationality  or follows our Sanatan Dharma ( Hindu religion) ! What shall I  do now? Where should I hide my face?" Indarni said angrily.

"In hell, Indrani ji! Hide your face in hell! How dare you slap my wife?" He said, fire clearly evident in his eyes. He was holding Khushi tightly to his chest and softly rubbing her cheek while she sobbed into the lapels of his jacket.

"She is my daughter first and then your so called wife!"she scoffed .

"Maa!" Khushi decided to interfere seeing the heated conversation. "Maa, Arnav has cleared off all our debts. He loves me dearly. Maa, please accept this relation and bless us. He even arranged for Esha's dowry."

Indrani widened her eyes.

"You begged this stranger to pay my Esha's dowry! Where did your self respect go? Did you sink it in the same ocean where you sank the fair name of our family?" she shrieked .

" Shyam was also a stranger. If I could ask money from him then what's the problem in asking from the man I love?"

" Shyam is your fiancé Khushi. You could ask him."

" She is my wife, Indrani ji. She has all rights on whatever I have. I shall not have her begging for some money." Arnav said in full ASR mode.

" Then, Khushi, you and your husband can go away to any place you want. I don't want to see you in my house! You have brought disgrace to the family by marrying against my will."

Khushi tried to say something but Arnav held her hand and squeezed it.

" As you wish, mother in law! You can leave this house as you see it is mine. I hope you remember that I had bought the Haveli!" Arnav said, raising his eyebrow up.

Indrani scoffed at this and turned to move but Khushi  held her hand.

"Please don't go Maa, he didn't mean it. He is just very short tempered. Ma, please stay with me. I thought you will be happy seeing all our debts cleared. I am happy in fact very happy with Arnav ji...Please stay!"Khushi pleaded.

Indrani smirked inwardly but pretended to be angry and left the hall.

Khushi cried and drooped to the ground. "It is the first time I have done something against her wish. Oh! I feel so selfish now!"she sobbed.

Arnav lifted her up, he had known this would happen.

"Don't worry she shall eventually accept our relationship."he smiled consolingly to her .

Precap : leap.