Heaven broke

Chapter 23

Heaven broke

Pregnant?

Khushi's world spinned around her when she heard Esha's assumption of her being pregnant. Pregnant with a baby, her and Arnav's baby. Her mobile phone fell off her hand and she felt her eyes rotate. Could this be true?

The thought that she could be carrying a proof of the love Arnav and she held for each other in her womb made her ecstatic. She couldn't hide how beautiful the world felt to her now. She felt as if flowers were raining on her. Her own little Arnav, their own baby, their own bundle of joy.

She quickly came back to her senses and was about to bend to pick up her phone when she stopped and frowned to herself. What if I am pregnant? Then I shouldn't bend, it might be harmful for my baby.

She turned to Aman and sweetly asked him" Aman ji, please help me by lifting my phone for me."

Aman confusedly scrunched his eyebrows at this because Khushi had never asked him for any help in the last six months. She didn't even ask him for help when she was lifting heavy things from the store room to find something and now she was asking him to lift up her phone? She seems to be as crazy as his ASR sir himself. They really are made for each other.

He picked up the phone and handed it out to her.
She gave a wide smile to him and requested him to leave her for some privacy. As soon as he left, she dialled some numbers on her phone

"Hello ...city hospital? Yes, I wanted an appointment for myself ...Khushi Arnav Singh Raizada."

She smiled widely to herself, maybe today she would get some real good news.

******************

Indrani sat on her armchair resting her shoulders. She had to plan something to drift Khushi away from that Raizada. It would be only then that Khushi shall again come under her fingertips. Once Khushi is under her control she can easily persuade her again to go with Shayam and then she can get her money! She doubted that Khushi would ever give her money from Arnav because Arnav knew that there was no dowry for Esha.

If only I could find something against this Raizada that would make Khushi feel disgusted at his very presence.

She ran her mind fast through the days when Arnav had come in the house at first.

Any incident? Yes! The river mishap where Khushi was about to drown in the river and the temple mishap where her saree had caught fire. Both the times that Raizada was present in the scene and had saved Khushi's life. Was this a mere coincidence or was there something more to this?

She decided to find out and frame him for something...

*************

Khushi walked very carefully towards the doctor's cabin holding her flat belly after doing all her check ups and tests. She was inwardly praying to god that may what she was thinking be correct.

Khushi and Arnav had not been shy in portraying their love to each other physically but this happened only a few times. Arnav would feel irresponsible and guilty every time he let his passion for her overcome his senses. Arnav would therefore try his best to not 'exploit' her physically. He felt that he was exploiting her as he didn't love her and making her feel so was ethically wrong.

Khushi on the other hand never realised this torment going on in his mind as she was happy, however he kept her. She was just happy that finally someone loved her.

Her prayer to god was disturbed by the shrill ringtone of her phone indicating that her personal greek god was remembering her.

"Hi!" she smiled

"You didn't tell me you fainted! Are you fine? Why was your number unavailable since the past one hour? Tell me damn it!" he barked from the other side making Khushi scrunch her face .

"Arre, you have reporter Aman ji na ! I knew he would tell you so why should I tell you? Gussa karta hai( showing anger to me), laad governer!" she fought back.

"Okay then! Take care and if you need me at the hospital, tell me. Did you meet the doctor yet?" he said caringly.

" No, I haven't yet met the doctor yet, Arnav. I will tell you all that he shall say once I come home. Now please go back to your meeting and concentrate. I know you must have taken a break from the meeting just to talk to me. I can manage this.
Please try and come home early, today. I may have a surprise for you." she blushed to the phone and cut the call.

Arnav looked confusedly towards the phon. What surprise ? Had she again planned some oh so romantic date? How more difficult is she making it for herself?

He called Aman and asked him to book his ticket to London for the next morning. He had to wind up everything tonight itself. He couldn't bear breaking Khushi's heart any more. He was going to abondon his plan for revenge just for her sanity.

************

"Mrs. Raizada, you don't need to worry. Nothing serious has happened to you. I suspect this is just that you have stopped regular dosage of some drug that is making your body crave for it. That's good. Stay away from such drugs they can be harmful especially if you want to plan a family. Everything is fine for now. Your body shall stop reacting slike in this. You just need to practice to control your urge from taking whichever drug you were..." the doctor explained to khushi who had a disbelieving expression on her face.

"Excuse me, doctor! Drug? Which drug? I am the daughter of a very reputed family here, why would I take drugs? The only medication I take is a pill of Crocin almost once in a month for my headache." she scrunched her face. " You must have made a mistake in seeing my reports! "

"Mrs Raizada, I am sorry to break your bubble but as per these reports of your body analysis. You have a huge layer of barbiturate degraded in your body which means you have been taking barbiturates since a very long time. Um... what's your age?"

"I am going to turn 23 this year."

"Then, looking at your reports I can assume that you have been constantly administered this drug since you were 10 or something ..."

"What nonsense are you saying doctor! You mean to say that till now I was a drug addict and because I have stopped taking that stupid drug now my body Is making me faint and weak! That is utter crap! Who gave you a degree ? I for one know I have never in my whole life taken any 'drugs'!" she shouted.

"Be calm, Mrs. Raizada. Maybe you indirectly consumed the drug in any medication. Please think of any medicine other than Crocin, that you haven't consumed since the past few months." He persuaded her to think.

That was when Khushi's mind struck on her panic attack medicines - Indrani had given her those and she had never questioned the contents of that white glass bottle.

"Yes... I used to take some medication for my panic attacks. They were quite frequent some months ago. I rarely experience any panic attacks now."

"Do you have any of those tablets now?"

She rummaged her bag to find the few emergency tablets she kept. She found some and fearfully handed them over to the doctor . He summoned a chemist from the hospital lab The chemist came with his test kit, looked at the circular white tablet and performed some tests on it .

"Clear smell of barbituric acid. This is a barbituarate certified."he declared.

"What do you mean by ..bar ..bar?" she almost sobbed gulping up her tears.

*********
See I don't know the effect and after effect of thse drugs as I have never consumed any, lol. So don't rely on my writings all diagnoses here are false and purely imaginary. The only thing I know about barbiturates are that they are derivatives of barbituric acid and are deeply hypnotic drugs.