Fires of the past charred her today!

Recap: Arnav is Dev. Currently Arnav is 27 while Khushi is 22. Dev was the son of the Mahant of a Shaivite temple of Allahabad. Khushi was the daughter of the chhote mahant (next in line Mahant lest anything happen to the Mahant family). The flashbacks show a seventeen year old Arnav then known as Dev and a fourteen year old Khushi  who were best friends at that time. The house where Khushi lives now belonged to Dev and his family, so Arnav knows all rooms. Arnav hid all albums from the storeroom so that Khushi  could not get her hands on them.

“Mr. Raizada, are you here?” Khushi knocked at Arnav’s door.

“Yes Ms Upadhyay! Come in, what happened?”

“Thank you, for protecting our family’s dignity today...”

“Oh there is no need to mention that, anything to save the Mahant family’s dignity,”he smiled.

“Yet, 7 crores is a huge amount. We might never be able to repay this debt in our lifetime.”

“It is fine never mind, I had plans to buy a nice property in India  for my nani and what can be better than this antique bungalow...It’s more like  a palace! However, I can't break the tradition of the Mahant family staying here. Also I cannot stay alone in this palace.”

“That’s very kind of you, Mr Raizada."Khushi smiled. "Well, I came to tell you something important.”

“Yes?”

“It is my sister’s marriage next month so  I am going to be really busy. So I was thinking of rushing up the tour. Like I shall show you all places but at a really fast pace. Is it fine with you or should I refer you some other guide...?”

“No its all right if the tour gets over soon. I too have some work to finish here.”

“Accha, then it is fine.  Hòw about I take you to the city market today, you can buy all sorts of handicrafts etcetera there. Take something for your wife...”Khushi suggested.

“Wife? Sure, if one exists, I shall take something for 'the wife',”he laughed.

“Oh, then maybe for your girlfriend!”

“For her also, when she comes to existence!”He burst out laughing.

“Accha no girlfriend? I thought you must be having one.”

“Oh and why am I being subjected to such assumptions?”

“Uhm …I thought it is common in foreign countries for everyone to have a girl friend. It is a sort of a stereotype.”She scrunched her shoulders.

"Stereotypes, huh? I will come to the market  to take something for my Nani.”

“So let's go!”

“Sure.”

***********************

Arnav and Khushi roamed around the city market. Arnav had no idea about what to buy for his Nani so he just roams around. He told Khushi what his Nani might like and so she recommends him some pots, sarees and paintings.

While Khushi continued her rant, Arnav became busy in his memories on seeing a sweet shop behind her…

*****************

“Ummm...Amma! These jalebis are delicious,” an ecstatic 12 year old Khushi  exclaimed on eating the jalebis made by Dev’s mother.

“Idiot, she is my Amma not yours,”Dev tugged on Khushi’s ponytails.

“Kya farak padhta hai Dev! Leave my hair na! Your amma or mine, it is the  same thing na! You are my best friend and you are supposed to care for me and sharing is caring!”

“No ! My Amma is mine only.”and Dev hugged his mother.

“Accha Baba if you want you can also call my Amma Amma.”

“No!”

Dev’s mother turned towards Khushi and said “You know Khushi when I was expecting Dev , I and his father had wished for a daughter . Now I see that daughter of mine in you . So it is alright if you call me Amma “

Khushi also joined the hug at that .

“ What the hell ! You don’t love me amma ?”asked Dev inquisitively.

“Of course I do Dev but Khushi is a girl and so am I   ,right . I shall support her more...You know feminism!” Dev’s mother winked. Khushi giggled  on seeing Dev frown.

**************

My Amma always considered you as her own daughter , loved you , cherished you more than me ...and you !
Why? Why did you do this to her and dad?
Was that the way you repayed our love for you?...Then you  have proved selfish people like you and your family deserve no love…No love …Only hate

Arnav thought to himself while eyeing Khushi with his bloodshot eyes.

“Mr .Raizada , Mr Raizada your gift is packed shall we proceed it is time for the temple to close.”

“ Sure” said Arnav calming himself.

*****************

At the temple :

The temple was empty as it was closing time, but lit with several diyas .As she saw that the  priest  was leaving, Khushi told him that she shall lock the temple after showing Arnav the idols and inscriptions . The priest nodded and left.

They both roamed around the whole temple while Khushi  described him about all the inscriptions on the temple walls. Suddenly ,she noticed that the diya kept in front of the main idol had no fire on it.She went forward to light it after ringing the temple bell.

She took another diya in her hand to  light the previous diya  and bowed her head in reverence in front of the deity , closing her eyes.

Seizing the opportunity , Arnav came closer and kept a diya quite close to her sarree pallu and retreats back to his previous position .Due to the fast blowing  winds, her pallu flew ,  caught fire in no time  and started burning in an orange red hue .

Feeling the heat , Khushi turned to her left .She gets shocked on seeing her Pallu ablaze and starts screaming ,continously shaking  her pallu  to put off the fire .

“ Khushi what  happened? Oh God!”Arnav approached Khushi.

Khushi not noticing his presence detaches her pallu from her shoulder to prevent the fire to spread on to her body. Meanwhile  Arnav stomped on the pallu to put off the fire. Once the fire is put off , Arnav noticed Khushi to be in a state of trance and shock utterly scared .She was trembling with cold and fear , her beautifully designed blue blouse  unsuccessfully trying to cover her heaving chest.

Arnav removed his coat and placed it over her shoulders .

“ I hope you are fine Khushi”He said in a concerned tone.

On getting no reply, Arnav noticed Khushi’s shaky figure which was about to faint. Arnav quickly held her and lifted her up in his arms walking out of the temple...

He eyed Khushi’s  innocent face with mixed emotions.

That fire on your saree , I put it off but what about the blazing fire of revenge in my chest , Khushi  , how will put it off ?  

WHAT IS ASR GOING TO DO NEXT???

I hope u liked the chapter . if you did pls tell me in any way you feel is apt  may it be comment or like .