Bygones

2:Bygones

Khushi was very tense. She didn't know what to do. She didn't want to face that part of her life again.

Arnav was both, the best and the worst thing that could have ever happened to her. Not only did she feel awkward meeting her 'ex - husband' but also she knew that whenever they met sparks flew, hatred and love clashed with each other. It becomes a period of emotional turmoil and at the same time that period of having each other's presence constitutes of undisputed seconds of pure bliss. Damn it! Her life with him seemed like an antithesis!

Arnav - she had so many memories with him - good, bad, worst, best, beautiful, enchanting, sad - all types of different memories. In fact he was a major inspiration for her to start writing poems and stories and now she didn't want to meet him -how mad of her?!

"Why don't you request Briganza to assign you some other work away from that ASR ? She might consider your request." suggested Anjali, Khushi's friend and roommate. Anjali worked in the same company as Khushi and Lavanya.While they both worked in the writing and ideation department, Anjali worked in the financial department.

"I just committed to her, it would seem so..." Khushi hesitated.

"Alright, I understand. Umm.. Do one thing run away for a few days. Take a holiday!" suggested Lavanya.

"That's so unprofessional! Uh! I don't know what to do! Leave it!
I'll face him! That is better than all these excuses. I shall act extremely professionally with him. Yes, that's what I 'll do." Khushi smiled thinking about her marvellous idea.

"Well, as much as I remember you had told us that once you had tried to act professionally with him but you ended being friends with him then love, marriage and what not!" teased Anjali.

Khushi made a grumpy face on this statement and went inside her room while Anjali and Lavanya giggled.

The whole week Khushi practised with the mirror how she shall behave with ASR who was coming today.

She made sure she didn't make any special efforts to look good but she forgot that she naturally looked good.

She made sure she didn't wear red and then practised again with the mirror.

Phew! This is tedious! It was then that she realised that she was running late by 10 minutes! Oh no!

She started running with the speed of I-don't-know-how-many meters-per-second. She was causing chaos in the streets, clashing with people, making many coffees fall off people's hands and what not!

She bashed in through the glass door."Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I hope I am not too late..."

He turned. Until now he was talking to Mrs Briganza. Now his full attention had been diverted towards that familiar voice. "Khushi!" he slowly said.

She looked at him, all her practice failing her.

Aankhein khuli toh dekhun tumhe

Sirf yehi farmaaish thi

Pehli to mujhko yaad nahi

Tu meri aakhri khwaaish thi

"ASR meet Ms. Khushi Upadhyay. She shall tell you all about the book and guide you throughout. I ensure you that we shall not disappoint you in any way and your experience with us shall surely be a memorable one.

Ms. Upadhyay please show ASR his cabin and brief him about our company. At 2pm we shall hold a conference. For now let him rest a bit."

As she led him to his cabin, there was a wave of awkwardness between Khushi and Arnav.

"So, this was your dream job, Khushi?" He broke the silence.

"Yes and how are you?" Khushi looked

Sehlun main ab teri kami

Mujhse ye hoga hi nahi

Tum aise mujhme shaamil ho tum jaan meri tum hi dil ho

Shaayad main bhula du khud ko bhi magar tumko bhool na paungi

"Oh I am fine. In fact, excellent! I read the book you guys released last month, it was kind of nice..."

Khushi started laughing on hearing that.
"You read a romance? If I didn't know you I would have believed you Arn... Mr.Raizada."

Main phir bhi tumko chaahungi

"It's fine. You can call me Arnav, right? It would yet be professional. I didn't read your book completely, Khushi. I found it damn boring." Both smiled at this light conversation.

" I didn't want to meet you again Khushi. Don't feel bad. It's just that meeting you just reminds me our past..."