Tall, Dark and Hateful - Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

Lance started pacing. His mind filled with thoughts how she could sink so lovw.It had to be revenge for what happened between them. They didn't say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for nothing. This was payback.

Worse, even if he did proved she was lying no one would believe him. With the current racial hostilities people would side with her thinking that the 'man' was trying to shut her up to make money they don't need building housing only people of means can afford. Lance felt a twinge of guilt about it but fact of the matter was that affordable housing didn't make money. And his company had a board they answered to. A decline in profits is something they didn't want to see. So his hands were tied on the subject. But Bea's stunt was much worse. She'd effectively halted their productions. Cut them down at the knees.

"Unfortunately the call was a formality as they believe the artifact is the real deal." Lance stopped pacing as the tried to figure out what that meant and how he should proceed. "They have someone from the NMAAHC to authenticate it's validity. What I need you do is to fix this to work for us."

"I will," Lance vowed but Mr. Richards had already ended the call.

😠😠💋💋💢💢💋💋

"Ladies toast!"

Bea raised her glass of wine feeling giddy and proud and more than a little smug that she stuck it to that jackass Lance.

The three voices of her mystic sisters joined hers in resounding loud 'cheers!' and clinked their glasses with hers. She imagined the look on Lance's face, twisted more than her locs, frustrated at being beat. Too bad it didn't make him less handsome and sexy.

Heat pooled in her belly but she immediately pushed him out of her mind and took a sip of the red celebratory wine. The man been ruining her days and nights with memories of their last encounter. Spiking her horniness to epic levels, craving having sex with him again, like a fool. He treated her like one. Played her like one. And she would be an even stupider fool if she let her wet dreams make her go back for more. She had sex with the asshole once, shame on him. If she had sex with him again, shame on her.

Bea gulped down the rest of her wine, reached across the table for the bottle of wine and refilled her glass. The faint smell of Pine-sol sent her spiraling back into the past. She remembered vividly the hard table surface on her back and Lance's hard body pressed down above her. Caught between the table and his rock, hard cock pounding into her. God, why did she had to taste him that one time. If she knew the torture she'd face she wouldn't have done it. Now she's losing sleep and had to get a new table which would be delivered in two more days. Two days too long.

Bea sighed, downed her glass and refilled it again.

"Uh Bea," said Felicite' jerking her out of her morose thoughts. "Are you okay?"

Bea looked around at her friends all with the same concerned looks on their faces. She scrunched her forehead wondering what she'd missed and came up with nothing. She was so busy in not trying to think about Lance she hadn't heard a single thing anyone said.

She mentally shook her head, smiled so hard her face might break and lied, "Sure. I'm fine. Why?"

"For starters you're less excited than you would be. Especially since you fought so hard to find something to stop the development plans."

Bea shrugged and opened her mouth to lie when Felicite' nodded towards the table. The same table she hadn't replaced yet and still retain memories of the hottest sex of her life. Her mouth dropped open in horror. "Felicite'!" yelled Bea slamming her glass down, the wine sloshing on her hands. "Invasion of privacy much?"