Melody

Venice P.O.V.

I was wearing my new sweater that Rob got me and I kept trying to come up with a melody. Suddenly a message popped up in my phone screen.

Play in your piano, E,C, D, and tell me if you like it. -R

I did as he said and it was amazing.

It's fucking awesome❤️-V

Was the heart emoji too much?

Glad you liked it-R.

Perfect. Now he would probably finish the song before I even get a chance to write something for him.
I grabbed my guitar and I played every chord that came up in my head. After 2 hours, I finally found something I liked.
I decided to call him instead of text him.
"Hello?" He answered.
"Um, hi, I called because seriously my fingers are really numb to type a message" I said and he chuckled.
"So?" He asked.
"Play in your guitar, capo on 6th Fret, C , Em, F." I said.
"It's beautiful, Little One." He said.
"Thanks." I said.
"Anyway, stupid question but... when is your birthday?" He asked.
"Um, 13th May, why?" I asked curiously.
"No reason, mine is 4th June." He said naturally.
"Oh, okay, I think the music will be ready for you tomorrow." I said.
"I have already finished mine, anyway goodnight, Little One." He said.
"Goodnight, Rob." I said and I hanged up.

I kept playing until I was satisfied with the song, it was cute, I really wanted him to express his feelings in a, um, not so aggressive way. I really hoped that he would like it.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Friday. Sweet Friday.

In normal circumstances I would've been glad that the week has came to an end, but no, Rob wanted to destroy this too. He said that it would be a great chance for me to attend to a beach party this Saturday. My father didn't even flinched when I told him my plans, more worried was my step mother, Grace, than my own father, what an irony.
Anyway, I got ready for school, and since Rob bugged me to death to wear my new clothes, I kind of agreed.
I wore my new clothes with a red plaid shirt and my favourite converse.
I grabbed an apple from the fridge, I thought I was alone but Grace was there too.
"Nice clothes, Vens." she said
"Thanks, do...do they look good on me?" I asked, normally a daughter would ask her mother about this, but mine isn't here, so...
"Of course, sweetheart, finally we can see your figure." She said. I just smiled.

I started cycling to my school. The wave of happiness in my stomach was a pleasant feeling. I was enjoying this. I mean Rob. I think it was quite unfair that I couldn't see his true self before. But, if I really wanted to be honest with myself, the truth was that a part of me was waiting him to shout at me, call me names again, and make me feel worthless. I knew I was pessimistic and pathetic, but this scenario didn't look like pathetic and unrealistic .

I finally arrived at school. Realisation hit me when I saw Tom's Toyota Corolla that I have to talk to him and Lily since the day of the 'kiss'. I'm so done, they're going to kill me.

I was trying  to find a good excuse for me not talking them two days straight, but also, I knew that they were going to the beach tomorrow and what am I really supposed to say to them? A part of my mind  was telling me to talk about the deal with my best friends. The other part, the most logically inclined, was reminding me the rule number 2. Oh, my mind is a mess! Then suddenly I heard my name, well nickname. Unfortunately not the one that I liked. Where did that came from?

"Tea? Is that you?" Tom asked
"Um, yeah?" I answered with a question. I really couldn't understand his question itself.
"Yeah, I have never seen you with these clothes, why the change of mind? I thought you were too tomboyish to wear this." He said, more like accused me. I really hate lying to him.
"Um, Grace, bought them, So, I guess-" he interrupted me.
"Hey, I was just kidding, you look great." He said with a kind smile.
"Oh, thanks." I said and I blushed. Why on earth I couldn't take a comment without looking like a tomato?