Colder

Venice P.O.V.

A week Later...

   * * *

When I was younger I thought that after something made me happy at least for one day will continue making me happy for the rest of my life. I had quite amazing imagination as a kid. But as I was getting older I understood things better, for example, that they were two-faced people, liars, hypocrites, mean people...

At some point you get used to it, because that's how humanity is and you have eventually to accept it. I mean you can choose to avoid mean people, to just don't buy the lies that liars trying way too hard to sell. But the thing with hypocrites and two-faced people is that they are everywhere and sometimes they are even people you used to hang out. Maybe one of those you came to love.

That was what was happening right now. And the thing was that I didn't know why.

A week ago he was not only fine but the happiest I have ever seen him. But now he just seem to be so different , so colder.

What concerns me is that Rob is ignorant only to me. I hadn't done anything wrong , I think.

But what if I've done something wrong? Maybe it was something I did. Or the fact that I was so friendly with him, annoyed him and he just don't want to talk to me anymore. And as a matter of fact I have to accept that he can easily get rid of me because I don't mean anything to him. But to me , he was just something so special. I felt unique knowing how kind he was when he wasn't pretending to be the bad, cool guy.

Since the day we have returned back from my birthday trip he had been like that. Which is rather annoying , I mean, he actually spent about 1000$ only for me, and then what, he became a stranger?

I just couldn't come up with an idea why he was so mean. So here I am now, in my garage, thinking what have I done wrong in the most silent Wednesday evening night I've ever spent.

But then I heard my phone ringing and blindly I answered it half hoping to be Rob. Of course not.

It was Jace, my boyfriend, the boyfriend I've been partly avoiding all week. I mean I was always next to him but at the same time I was never really there.

I love him, I do, I mean how couldn't I ? He was my first everything, first kiss, first boyfriend, first night...

I was sure that he had called to break things with me. And I just couldn't take it. I can't lose him too.

'Hi' I said with a trembling voice. I wasn't even sure how I spelled this two-lettered word without breathing heavily or stuttering.

'Hello' he said more formally.

He was so breaking up with me.

'Um, is everything alright?' I asked my voice almost inaudible.

'I don't know.' he said and I took a heavy breath.

I wasn't trusting my voice to speak so I just kept quiet just to ensure myself that I can handle this conversation.

'Vee? Are you still there?' he asked with his heavy British accent.

'Yeah.' I answered simply.

'Are you continue to answer me like I'm a doctor or something?' he asked but his tone wasn't humorous , not at all.

'I-I-I, I don't know. I mean I know what you want talk about but can you please do this in person, or maybe - maybe you should do this here where you cannot see my reaction at all. I don't know what's better.' I said speaking incredibly fast.