"And what does that have to do with me?"

"Because after getting off my car, she said, and I quote, 'Go ask Jules for it. I'll bet she'll be more than happy to please you.’
My jaw dropped to the floor. "What?"

"Great, now you're deaf. I won't repeat the whole thing."

"No, I heard you. I just... What would she... I didn't say anything. I met her at the parking lot but we barely talked."

"You sure? She seems pretty sure you and I have a passionate hidden best friends' affair."

"Best friends' affair, seriously, Jason?" I wanted to slap him through the phone. He chuckled.

"Can't deny I'm creative, huh?"

"You're an idiot."

"You still love me so that makes you idioter than me."

"Idioter? That's not even a word!"

"But it sounds cool, doesn't it?" I face-palmed myself. Maybe the wild sex was killing my best friend's brain cells in a slow but steady process "Your Mom is on duty, right?" He asked, dragging me back to reality.

"Yeah,"

"I'm coming over so we can talk better about this,"

"Alright, see you soon." I hung up, feeling confused.

Why would Helen say that? Was she jealous? That was a good sign; it meant she cared for Jason.

After eating two bags of Ruffles, drinking coca-cola and locking all my windows, I finally heard a car's engine outside the house. Finally! It took them long enough.

"Jules?" I heard Lau's voice and then some knocking on my door.

"Coming!" I shouted, throwing the empty Ruffles' bags in the trash can. I opened the door to see a grinning Laura. God, Jordan was definitely making this girl happy.

"Hey, twin.” She kissed my cheek and walked inside. We sat down on the big couch in Indian style facing each other. "I have something to tell you, too," Lau stated with a flustered face. "But you go first." I let out a sigh before telling her the entire story, from the tempting ride to the passionate kiss.

"Oh my God!" Lau squealed excitedly. "You kissed him! I can't believe it! No offense, but I never thought you'd get the courage to do it!" Lau clapped her hands. "How was it? Did you like it? How long did it last? Did he use his tongue?"

"Whoa! Slow down, woman!"

"Oh come on! Tell me! I want every juicy detail!"

"It was amazing." I looked at nothing in particular as I spoke. "It was the best kiss I've ever had-not that I've had many- but yeah." I closed my eyes remembering the kiss; a smile crept to my lips. "There was so much passion..." I opened my eyes slowly, but my smile vanished when I remembered he'd left. "But then he left," I added sadly.

"Maybe he was shocked or something," Lau said, holding her chin as if she was deep in thought. "You probably caught him off guard. I mean, everyone knows you're a chicken." I glared at her. "Don't look at me like that. It's true. So, your sudden act of bravery must've have shocked him."

"You think so?"

"It's just a possibility. Men are kind of hard to read," Lau confirmed.

"You think we should ask Jason about it?"

"Sure, it'll be good to see this from a man's point of view." Lau shrugged her shoulders.

We chatted some more about the kiss. Let me tell you something, Lau was a sucker for details.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked. Lau blushed and looked down. "Lau?"

"Well, I..."

"You...?" I stared at her.

"Jordan and I were making out on his couch and he…" she paused, "Well, wekindofgottosecondbase." She rushed her words making it almost impossible for me to understand her. Key word here: almost. She was my best friend; I was more than used to understanding her rushed sentences.

"You did what?!" I jumped on the couch bewildered. "Wait... Second base is..." I gestured towards the boob's area. Lau nodded. Oh God! I was the one asking for every single detail now. Seemed like Lau was not the only sucker for details today.

We spent the night talking about everything. We prepared some hot chocolate and decide to watch some thriller film. We were half-way the movie when my phone buzzed in my pants. I checked it desperately but it was only a text from Jason.

Jason rocks :D

Sorry! Can't come over! Helen changed her mind :D

I rolled my eyes and typed a reply:

Good for you. Have fun.

"Who is it?" Lau asked as she sipped on her chocolate. "Is it him?" I knew she referred to Evan. I shook my head sadly.

"Nope, it's Jason. He's not coming. Apparently, Helen is not angry anymore,” I replied.

"Seems like Jay-Jay is getting laid tonight," Lau snickered.

"He hates than nickname, you know," I commented.

"That's the point." Lau grinned at me. Lau and Jason got along in a very weird way. Some days they couldn't stand each other and then there were these days when they acted like good friends. I guess they just had those types of personalities that collide once in a while. I stared at my phone intently. I was dying to text Evan. Lau had distracted me a lot but he was still present in my mind most of the time.

"Why don't you text him?" Lau seemed to be reading my mind, not literally of course, that'd be pretty weird.

"I don't know. What am I going to say?"

"Anything, just talk to him," she encouraged.

"He left. He should be the one texting me, he owes me an explanation."

"You know how he acts. Do you honestly believe he's going to text you?"

"No," I sighed.

"Then you go ahead, don't waste your time waiting for something that will never happen."

Listening to my best friend, I started typing a text. After hesitating, deleting words, writing again, deleting and finally writing a final text I sent it:

Hi.

Yeah, don't judge me. I just needed to know if he was going to talk to me before texting anything more serious. When my phone notified there was a new text from Evan. I hesitated to read it. My poor heart was beating so fast I thought it would come out of my throat. I touched the screen to open the text:

From: Evan <3
Hey.

Really? Hey? That was all he could say?

You texted him 'Hi' what were you expecting?

My inner voice snapped at me. I looked up to check on Lau. She seemed to be swallowed by the movie because her eyes were focused on the TV – and she wasn't even blinking. I bit my lower lip as I typed a reply to Evan:

We need to talk.

I waited for his reply but it never came so I texted him again,

Are you there?

No reply, it was obvious he was avoiding the talk. Sighing in frustration, I looked at the TV trying to catch up with the movie, checking my phone each two minutes.  
Evan never replied.

Lau and I watched some other films and then we talked about everything. It'd been a while since we’d a moment for ourselves, so time flew by as we spoke. Lau was telling something about her dancing class when my eyes landed on the window next to my front door. My eyes widened in shock.

"Oh My god!" I exclaimed, jumping out of the couch. I stared at the sunlight streaming through the window.

"What?" Lau stood up and frowned at me.

"It's the sun!" I exclaimed freaking out. Lau's frown turned bigger.

"Yeah, what's wrong with it? Are we role playing the vampire movie we watched a few hours ago?" She asked amusedly.   I glared at her.

"Very funny but no," I said, picking up the empty bags of Ruffles, Doritos, chocolate bars, coca-cola cans and so on. "Mom's duty ends at 6:00 am so that means she's-" I was interrupted by the sound of an engine outside the house. "Oh shit! She's here!" I threw everything in the trash can and held Lau's hand to pull her upstairs "Run!" I hissed.

When we were lying on my bed hidden under the sheets, Lau took the opportunity to make questions.

"What's going on?" She whispered secretively.

"If Mom finds out we stayed up all night, she'll kill us, but not before giving us the entire sleeping habits speech." Lau made an O with her mouth in realization.

"Did you turn off the TV?" She asked worriedly. I panicked.

"No!"

"Then-" I covered her mouth when I heard footsteps in the hallway.

"Shhh! Pretend to be asleep!" I ordered but as soon as I closed my eyes I didn't need to pretend anything because I quickly fell in dreamland.

**

Poke
Poke
Poke

I was dragged out of sleep by an incessant poking on my forehead. As my senses were waking up, I started hearing voices around me.

"Leave her alone!" Lau's voice sounded irritated.

"No, she's been sleeping all day." Was that Shane?

"Stop poking her!" The poking stopped.

"We're going to be late because of her!"

"She needs to rest," Lau stated.

I opened my eyes slowly. The first thing I saw were a pair of beautiful hazel eyes staring at me – Shane’s eyes. He was too close for my liking so I pushed him away.

"Sleeping beauty is back," Shane joked, grinning at me. "How was the hibernation?" I ignored him and sat up.

"What are you doing here?" I mumbled with a sleepy voice.

"We were waiting for you to wake up. It's been a few hours." Shane folded his arms across his chest. I was about to ask him why when my eyes landed on my window. There was a big full moon on the sky.

"Oh God! The moon!" I cried in shock.

"Yeah, you're going to turn into a werewolf now?" Shane joked. Lau punched his shoulder.

"Get out," she said, pushing him towards the door.

"Oh God! I did sleep all day! It's night already?" I asked Lau when Shane left us alone.

"Yeah, you better hurry."

"Why? And what is Shane doing here?"

"He came with Jordan. We're going to Helen's birthday party,"

"Woah woah, what? I'm not going!" Lau grinned at me.

"Evan's probably going to be there," she urged, wiggling her eyebrows.

"We are so going!" I said, running towards the bathroom.