Oc stories 5: The nightime rebellion.

Characters included
Pepo Wazi
The crowmessenger ( Just1nR1pper oc)
Mediae ( Just1nR1pper oc)
Tyrant

City of O'kallis: After the Tu'laian invasion
The rain fell hard onto the fallen city. The storm raged in the sky, Chordi's rage and anger at the Tu'la's invasion of his land fell like arrows on the battlefield. Lightning flashed across the darkened sky while thunder shook the clouds above. The hidden demon watched from a silenced church tower, the bell had long fallen silence. He could see the yellow glow of the taverns and houses go out one by one, slowly but surely. Pepo walked towards the ruined tower, a shadow falling over the eroded tower. He stuck his right hand through the darkness, warm magic tingling though his fingertips. He pushed his hand through the midnight darkness before stepping through it, the shadow now just barely rippling with no sign that Pepo Wazi had ever been there.

Pepo stepped into a darkened alleyway, dusting his overcoat off. He smiled underneath his mask and was about to step out into the street when he heard clattering from just around the corner. He heard to voices, one a gravely male voice, the other a gentle female voice.
"Crow. You said that it was going to be nice and warm. Not raining." The female voice said, the padding of her feet all too obvious for Pepo's trained ears.
"Chordi clearly has had other ideas. I wonder why." The male voice replied. The clattering of metal becoming ever more obvious to him.
Pepo quickly launched out of the shadows, grabbing the two figures as they walked past and dragging them back into the darkness. The woman squeaked out "Rape!" While the male struggled to get out of Pepo's strong grip. He put his hand over the woman's mouth as a battalion of Tu'laian soldiers marched past the alleyway. He kept it that way until the clattering of the metal was drained out by the pattering rain. Then he finally let go. The male was wearing clothes similar to a plague doctor while the woman wore a black cloak over a torn white linen dress. The man pointed a crude, but sharp, knife at Pepo's chest. "What do you want criminal?" The man prodded his knife again at Pepo's chest. "I'll repeat what do you want?"
"I was just trying to help an old friend. Don't you recognise me Crowmessenger?" Pepo replied as he drew Kivuli, aiming it at the man's chest. The man finally dropped his act, holding his hand out for Wazi to shake; which he did quite eagerly.
"What brings the two of you to my country?" Pepo asked as he looked round the corner, checking for more guards.
"Just to get away from it all. War can't come here without upsetting Blackdread and with the war within the gods happening....seemed like a good idea to take a little trip."
"You know...when you put it that way....it sound like you were trying to get romantically involved without the four primordial horsemen of the apocalypse, biting down on your neck." Pepo replied as he beckoned them out of the alleyway and dashing to the door of a late opened bar.
"I-I-I as-sure y-you that is not the case!" Mediae replied, unintentionally making Wazi smirk with her response. The two of them caught up with the hidden demon and he opened the door to the bar which had been called 'The eagle's beak.'
"Well you came at a bad time. The Titan dragons are unhappy." Pepo said as the two of the walked into the bar.

The bar was small, wedged in between two Royal owned buildings. It had a bar at the very back of the room where a big burly bald man was cleaning a few glasses. He he was wearing a dirty linen shirt underneath a leather apron, he looked more like a butcher then a bartender. The back of the bar was lined with all sorts of booze, from the frozen snow mead of Antimite to the orange liquor called 'Courage' of Sparta; they had the drinks on a clear shelf in front of a wall to wall mirror. The room was lit warmly by small candles and oil lamps. There had been some small round wooden tables, accompanied by some chairs. A warm fireplace crackled as a bunch of birch sticks had been tossed into the the roaring flames. As Mediae sat down and draped her now soaking cloak over a chair, her rich dark brown locks fell loose. Pepo whistled in his head. Damn Crow...you got a fine catch. He straighten his back and sat down into a large leather chair at the corner of the room. He held out his left hand, on his wrist was a hydra tattoo; he concentrated for a few seconds until a small steering voice spoke. "Hey. Pepo you awake?"
Pepo opened his eyes to see the ominous Octatrino in his palm, small yet somehow still threatening. His smoke form swirled and shifted, only roughly remaining in the torso form. His voice was like several people were speaking is disoriented harmony, some voices louder then others as the rest faded into silence. "So...Crow is here with his.....friend?"
"Indeed."
"We're here to assassinate a incredibly dangerous general, a Tu'laian lunatic with near unlimited power. If this rebellion is to go well, assassination is our only option."
"Does he have magic? Host? Chosen?" Pepo asked, trying to be quiet as he could as Mediae had fallen asleep and the Crowmessenger was gently stroking her head as she had fallen asleep on his lap. And he was pretty damn reluctant of getting the fury of a night primordial straight in his face.
"Doubtful. Tu'laian gods were always weak. But no promises."
"Never asked for a promise. Just confirmation." Pepo replied, standing up and walking towards the bartender. He sat down on one of the bar seats. He pointed towards a unlit candle which had an eagle engraved into the pale soft wax.
"The fire has gone out, but I'm here to relight it." Pepo whispered into the bartender's ear. The bartender smiled, pulling something from underneath the bar and sliding it over the bar. It was a light brown envelope, sealed with the green wax of O'kallis. He handed him a small flag, about A3 size, that had a light green eagle stamped onto the dark blue material. It was clutching a helmet in one talon and a crucifix in the other talon. "Wrap his body in this. Let them know that the rebellion has powerful allies." The bartender said, a big fat grin on his face. Pepo only nodded, taking both objects before returning to his table and opening the envelope. The envelop had a file with sensitive information about a general called "Stone Jaw." Apparently the man was brutal, forcing the men who served underneath him to bend the knee like he was the King; Pepo scoffed at the idea. "What are you reading Pepo?" The hidden demon turned round to see The Crowmessenger looking up at him. He looked over at the file. "Assassination huh? Suddenly a revolutionary assassin?" The Omen asked. Pepo almost burst out laughing before he answered. "Nay. The King wants the Tu'laians out of the city. Then I'll do as he acts." Pepo replied. Crow chuckled until there was a creaking of the old door. They both looked up to see a couple of Tu'laian guards walk into the bar.
Here's what they look like:

The clattering of armour was obvious as the men walked into the small bar

The clattering of armour was obvious as the men walked into the small bar. Pepo pulled off his mask to reveal a African man with two downwards scars over his right eye. The captain, who had a blue feather plume on his helmet, walked over to the bar. He removed his helmet to reveal a man with short brown hair and purple eyes. Pepo glanced down at his file and then back up, recognising the man as the infamous 'Stone jaw' that he had just read about. The messenger's eyes went wide, when he saw the man waving a ring at the bartender's face. The bartender look disgusted, but asked what it was anyway.
"Oh this? Found it in one of the old tombs under the lord's house. Didn't belong to any Lord though, tomb had the engraving 'Tis the one who protected O'kallis till his last breath.'

Pepo approached the unaware captain drawing his blade and stabbing him through the throat.
"Why?" The captain guttered, dropping the ring into Wazi's open palm.
"For the of pride O'kallis. For the pride of Silvaa." Pepo whispered as Octatrino rose from the burning fireplace.

I'll let you imagine what happened next.