picnic

{Thursday}

Y/n's POV

It's almost the end of the week and it's around 5 in the evening right now. I just finished my homework (earlier than usual) so I lay on top of my bed covers drawing in my sketchbook. A ray of light leaves a streak across my paper. I look out of my balcony door to see the sun still high in the sky. While I rub my eraser against the paper, my phone starts vibrating. I look to my side where I put my phone down and see Izuku's name on the screen. I smile while pressing answer and putting my phone up to my ear.

"Yes~?" I respond.

"Hey! Y/n! Are you busy right now?" Izuku asks through the phone sounding eager.

"Nope, I was just drawing why?"

"Meet me at the beach that we went to on our movie night."

"Right now?"

"Yup oh and before I forget, is your sketchbook around?"

I look back down at my drawing that I happened to be working on and cringe.

"Yeeaa..."

"Good! Bring those drawings with you because you still need to show me your amazing art skills"

"I'm not THAT good Izuku"

"I highly doubt that, well, I'll see you soon~"

"Bye~"

With that said, I set my phone down and run to my closet to find something else to wear rather than my pajamas. I happen to come across a white dress that looks perfect for the occasion. After changing, I toss my sunscreen and sunglasses in a bag and hold a rolled up beach towel under my arm. As I walk out of my room I see my sketchbook still sitting on my bed. I pause, standing at my doorway staring at it. I then decide to grab it last minute and place it in my bag.
Once done getting prepared, I put on a pair of sandals and walk out of my house.
I take the same route I had taken when I walked to the beach with Izuku. Memories from that night start to come back causing me to smile to myself.

After a few minutes of walking I see the crystal blue ocean and small waves breaking onto the shore.
There're people biking down the concrete path and a few others just walking. I see someone just standing in front of the railing, the same place we stood on that night, looking out into the ocean. I smile as I notice who it is when I come closer. I run up behind him and hug him.

"Hey!" I shout.

"Y/n!!," he says sounding like I just gave him a mini heart attack.
"I'm glad you're here," he says with an exhale.

I laugh while letting go of him. He grabs my hand instead, catching my attention, leading me onto the beach. I walk next to him and notice he's carrying a picnic basket.

"Hmmm watcha got there?" I ask curiously.

"Just some food," he smiles.

"Yee, I like food"

I kick off my sandals and stretch out my towel across the sand. Izuku does the same with his towel and we both sit crisscrossed on the cushioned ground. I try to peek at what's inside Izuku's bag but he stops me from doing so.

"Aw why not?" I whine feeling myself get hungrier by the second.

"Because I need to ask you something first," he mysteriously says.

"Well then what is it?" I ask eager to hear what his question is.

He pauses before continuing.
"...Y/n, would you like to be my date to the spring dance this Saturday?"