where it ended

{Musutafu 8 years ago}

Monday

It's a warm fall day in Musutafu. Izuku and y/n are 8 years old, and it's been two years since they met. It's recess and y/n and Izuku sit on the bench near the bushes as usual together, while the rest of the kids played on the playground.

"Deku you have a new observation like everyday" y/n laughs as she watches him mumble to himself while intently writing in a beat up notebook.

Izuku snaps out of his oblivious phase and looks up at y/n, "I just have a lot in mind that's all!"

"I didn't say I mind," she smiles.

Izuku smiles in return and hands y/n the notebook.
Since they've met, they both made a hero journal together to share, in which they wrote down their observations, goals, and achievements. Izuku writes the most about other heroes while y/n mainly doodles around his writing or writes her journals on other things.

Y/n uses her (f/c) pen and begins to doodle his recent journal. Izuku watches her draw in peace, until Bakugou and his two friends walk by. One of the friends of Bakugou gives Izuku a mocking look.

"Y/n and Deku sitting on the same bench as always," he sneers, "so when're you going to kiss her?"

"He won't kiss her because he's Deku," the other boy laughs.

Izuku's cheeks turn bright red, as he turns his head away. Y/n looks up at the three without any expression. Bakugou just stares at the two without a word, and the three continue their way to the water fountain. Y/n watches the boys walk away and looks over at Izuku who is clearly embarrassed.

"Don't let them get to you like that, they're idiots" she says to Izuku.

"Y-yea...I know" Izuku responds not understanding if y/n just heard what they said about the two of them.

"Anyways...wanna hang out tomorrow?" Y/n asks changing the subject.

"Sure! Your house?"

"Actuallyyyy, can we go to yours? You have really good snacks," she shyly says.

"Is that the only reason why you even hang out with me," Izuku jokingly pouts.

"I'm just kidding~ You know you're my best friend," she says pulling him in for a side hug.

Izuku's heart flutters as he feels y/n wrap her arms around him.
He smiles in return, "you are too."

— after school —

Y/n walks home from school and opens the front door to her house that's always unlocked for her.

"Mom I'm hungry—oh," she cuts herself off when she spots her parents sitting together at the kitchen table.

Her father stands up and walks over to her while her mother is staring at her tea unmoved.

"Pack your things, we're moving," her father says with a stern tone.

"W-wha?"

"We're moving, we leave Wednesday, so go pack your things," he says walking away.

"D-dad! Wait! What's going on? Mom??" Y/n frantically asks as she drops her backpack on the floor.