news

Y/n's POV

I slowly open my eyes to find myself on a hospital bed. I quickly sit up and see I.V.s attached to my arms. I look around the room and I'm alone.
I put my hand up to my forehead

Did that actually happen?

"Y/n? Oh good you're awake" a nurse says walking in.

"Oh uh yea..."

"Here's some food" she says handing me a tray.

"Thank you"

I stare at the tray laying on my lap and wait for the nurse to walk out.
I then put the tray on the counter next to me and try to find my phone. I see it sitting on the counter and I grab it, quickly searching the news.

"Oh my god why is it everywhere?" I say to myself putting a hand up to my mouth.

I scroll through all the links to different news stations about my rescue and quirk. I have to admit though, it makes me feel good.

I guess this is another step to becoming a hero...

"Y/n?" I hear a deep voice say.

I turn my head and see my dad.

"Oh hi" I say normally.

He doesn't say anything and he just comes walking towards the bed.

"You heard?" I ask him.

"Of course I did," he says slowly walking to my bed as I sit quietly.

"I'm proud of you..."

My eyes widen, "h-huh?"

"You really showed your inner hero" he responds.

I stay silent. That's the first time I've ever heard my dad say those kind of words to me.

"Thanks" I say in return.

A few days later I'm able to go back home. I feel perfectly fine but the doctors kept telling me to take it easy after I jumped out of the bed. My father and I take the subway back and we get to our apartment complex. I immediately run to my room once he unlocks the front door.

"Ahh my bed" I say flinging myself onto it.
I sit upright on it after a few seconds and stare ahead towards my desk.

Wait...

Before I could run to my father, he comes to me first, holding what I was looking for : my journal.

"Oh good you have it, I was worried I lost it" I say taking it from his hand.

"What exactly is that? I saw midoriya's name in it also," He asks curiously.

I pause, "it's our journal"

"When did you make it?"

"Before we left Home" I say with anger in my tone.

I don't look at my father, I just hear him sigh.

"You have today to rest but we're back on training tomorrow"

I make a noise with my throat as a "yes" in response.
He then walks out of my room.
I hold the journal up to my chest and just imagine myself back in Musutafu with my mother and izuku.
I need to take advantage of this opportunity, so my imaginations can become reality.

{months go by and izuku has gained his quirk from All Might during this time, the entrance exam has also passed and the UA year had started already}

My quirk has gotten stronger over the past couple of months, except I don't know how I'll even get into UA now if my dad didn't even fucking send me to the entrance exam!!?

Ever since the entrance exam dates had passed and acceptance letters have gone out, I've been in a really bad mood.

I sit at my lonely kitchen table puffing my cheeks as I eat a bowl of grapes. It's around evening now and my father went out to do errands.

It'd take a miracle for me to get in...

My throat begins to hurt.
I then hear the front door open and my dad walk in. I wipe my eyes, quickly turning my seat away from him. I hear his footsteps come into the kitchen and set something in front of me. I look ahead and see a white envelope. My name is printed on the front of it and the return address is the address of UA.

"Holy shit" I say grabbing the envelope and flipping it to the back.

There's a red stamp with the UA symbol printed onto it.
I anxiously slice open the envelope and pull out a thickish piece of card stock paper that's folded into thirds. I open it and read it out loud.

"Dear l/n y/n, we are happy to offer you admittance into the number one hero school in the world: UA-AHHHHHHHHHG"

I jump out my seat screaming with joy, "I MADE IT!!"

"How did they hear about your quirk?? From the news??" My dad asks with wide eyes.

I continue reading, "we saw your courageous act on the news and your quirk has potential as a hero. We would be happy to help you become a hero with our special class....we hope to see you soon, Signed principal Nezu-HOLY SHIT DAD"

"Oh my god you did it!" He shouts with me.
I can't help but feel super happy, not just because I got into my dream school but I've also never seen this side of my dad before.

"I can't wait to see Musutafu again! I'll finally become a hero and achieve my childhood dreams!" I shout making a fist.

My dad smiles at me, "you deserved it"

I pause and smile back then give him a hug.

I walk to my room with my body still shaking with excitement.
I face plant onto my bed and squeal into my pillow. I flip over on my back eventually and stare up at my ceiling.

I wonder if Izuku still lives in the same apartment? I'm definitely going to visit him once I get there...

(984 words)

Author's Note:
WOOO! Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy the story so far lol