confusion

Y/n's POV

I convinced Izuku to go to the beach with me because I love going out at night for mini adventures. We both leave my house and walk along the now dark blue sidewalk together.

There aren't many streetlights on where we were walking, which is nice because you can see all the stars in the night sky.

I stuff my hands into the front pocket of my hoodie as I feel the crisp night air hit my bare legs.

"So what made you want to go to the beach at this time?" Izuku asks breaking the silence.

"Hm? Oh I just really like going out at night, it feels like a whole new place," I smile.

Izuku nods at my response as he tucks his hands in the side pockets of his vest.

I don't live too far from the beach so after a couple of minutes, I start to hear the small waves crashing onto the sand. The beach is pitch black except for the glare of the moon reflecting onto the ocean water.

Izuku and I step onto the cushioned sand together and make our way onto the beach. We stop at a certain point and just stand, staring out at the somewhat visible sea. The ocean breeze causes my, now dry, hair to cover my face. In response I tuck the pieces behind my ear. I look over at Izuku and watch his black hair move with the breeze as well. He looks like he's in deep thought as he stares out into the ocean.

I always wonder what's on that boy's mind...

I don't want to interrupt his thoughts so I stay quiet and enjoy the silence. Every once in awhile I get a chill sent down my spine from the sudden rush of cold air. I look to the left of me and see the silhouettes of the well vegetated hills decorated with yellow lights of homes. The only noises that can be heard are the soft crashing of the waves, and the palm tree leaves moving with the breeze.

"Y/n?" Izuku's voice says in a soft tone adding to the other noises.

"Mhm?"

He pauses, "...you....know how that one time I left so suddenly? The first day we hung out?"

I think back to that day, "oh, yea? It was an emergency you said... what about it?"

"Well...I just want to tell you the truth of why I had to leave."

I turn to face him fully now and he does the same. He looks deeply into my eyes as I look into his. Even though there's barely any light, I can still see the center of his eyes along with the freckles dotted upon his cheeks.

I nod at him signaling for him to continue.

"You can't tell anyone else ok?" He begins, "I haven't told anyone, not even my mom."

"Oh...wow, then I promise I won't tell anyone," I say while motioning that my lips are sealed.

Izuku gives me a light smile before he starts, "You're probably wondering how I got into UA, especially since I didn't have a quirk..."

"Yea and all of a sudden..."

"That's what I wanted to tell you...I was granted a quirk that was passed down onto me."

My eyes widen in shock, "For real?? That's amazing! But by who?"

Izuku purses his lips, "...by All Might."

My mouth gapes open, "Holy- no way!"

Izuku nods at me, "and the reason I had to leave was because All Might was calling me and I had to meet him and it was urgent."

I continue to stare at him in aw.

"I still can't get over the fact... you and All Might...!!"

"But you're not mad at me right?" He nervously asks.

"Why would I be mad? Of course you needed to go and see him," I say with a reassuring smile.
I look down at my shoes and mutter, "I always knew you were amazing."

I look back up and can see Izuku's expression change even in the bad lighting. He rubs the back of his neck not knowing what else to say. I too nervously look around fiddling with the string of my hoodie.

Izuku and I make eye contact again but this time it felt different. I felt a lot more attached to him than ever in that moment. He begins to come closer to me as I stay in place. I didn't know what he was doing but I continue to stare into his soft eyes. He then grabs my hand and feels my fingers.

"Your hands are really cold..." he says looking down at them.

Even though my hands are cold my face is really hot!

"Urm! Y-yea..." I say while feeling his warms hands touch mine, "I guess the cold breeze is just making my circulation poor or something like that...science right haha..."

"Do you want another layer?" He asks holding the side of his vest in an offer to me.

"No I'm fine really...but thank you."

"Well if you need it just ask me," he responds.

I slowly nod while staring at him look down at his shoes in the sand.
I feel a sudden wave of emotions take over me the more I stare at him. Everything about Izuku is just utterly perfect.

My body moves even closer to his almost closing the gap between us. He looks at me as I stare up into his eyes once again. I put a hand up to his warm cheek lightly while brushing my thumb across his freckles. A deep tint covers his face again and that's when I realized what I was doing.

I quickly take a few steps back placing both arms at each side of my body.

Was I really just about to...??

"S-sorry," I say with embarrassment.

Izuku doesn't respond, he stands silently staring at me not knowing what to say.

I take a deep breath trying to recover the awkwardness, "we should probably go back."

I start walking away as Izuku still stands in the same place. As I walk in front of him I hear him run up after me.

"Y-y/n are you alright? Why do you want to go so suddenly?" He asks with a worried tone.

"It's getting late that's all," I say.

I continue to walk in front of him trying to avoid eye contact with him.

I'm also just very confused right now....

-

Izuku walks me home before he walks back to his. I very awkwardly say good bye to him and zoom up to my room. I throw myself onto my bed against my pillows.

"Ugh! What is wrong with you??" I say to myself, "why are you so weird and awkward!"

I sit up after a couple of seconds, "he probably thinks you're such a creep..."

-

Izuku's POV

As I walked y/n home, she had been acting really strange. It was as if she didn't want to see me anymore.

Did I do something?

Walking back to my house, I could only imagine her hand on my cheek. I place my hand over my cheek from where she placed hers.

Was she about to...

I shake my head.
Even though I really like her more than that....

...I just wish I have the confidence to tell her how I feel...

( 1252 words )

Author's note:
Next chapter will be a bit shorter!
Thank you again for reading!