the dance

{Saturday}

Izuku's POV

The day of the dance has finally come! There's only an hour left before it starts so I begin to get ready. I lay out my tux on my bed and smile proudly at it.

I hope y/n will like it...

I put it on and head to the bathroom to fix my hair. I try to tame it as much as possible but it is what it is. I dab some cologne on and take one last look at myself in the mirror before heading out of the room.

My mom is in the kitchen getting her camera ready.

"Oh Izuku!! You look so handsome!" she smiles.

"Thanks mom," I sigh as she hugs me.

"When is y/n coming?" she asks pulling away from me.

Right as she says that the doorbell rings. I smile and raise my eyebrows at my mom while walking over to open my front door. I open it and y/n stands before me wearing a beautiful (color) dress that compliments her skin tone and the color of her eyes. Her makeup and hair are done (not like she needed it and she'd still be stunning) I realize I'm staring at her with an open mouth because she starts laughing at me.
I quickly shake my head.

"You look great," she says.

"S-so do you!!" I say in a very flustered tone. I want to slap myself by how awkward I am.

I motion for her to come in and she does so. My mom rushes over to embrace y/n in her arms.

"Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!" she repeats.

"Aw thank you Inko!" y/n blushes while tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"Let me take a quick photo of you two and I'll let you guys get on your way," she says.

Y/n and I position ourselves in front of a wall with a paining hanging from it. She scoots close to me allowing me to wrap my arm around her waist and she leans her head a little on my shoulder. We both put on a big smile for the picture and relax after the flash goes off. I look at y/n giving her a look asking if she's ready. She nods in response so we both say good bye to my mom and leave my house.

Y/n's POV

Izuku looks so handsome I can't handle it. Every time I stare at him he's always staring back making me embarrassed but it's ok, we've already had many of those kind of moments ever since we were little.

We get a taxi to drive us downtown. As we sit on the black leather seats, he rests his hand on my bare leg. The ride is silent except for the faint music of the radio the driver has on. It wasn't an awkward instead it was a mutual silence between us, the kind you have with someone who you feel really close and comfortable with.

We reach the venue of the dance and Izuku hops out of the taxi first so he can give me a hand. Once he helps me out of the car, I straighten myself up and comb my fingers through my hair as the night air flows through it. Immediately I spot Bakugou standing outside the club.

"Well look who it is," I say walking towards him with a smile.

Bakugou looks up at me from his phone with a raised eyebrow as he stuffs his phone in his pocket.

"Wow y/n you actually look good for once," Bakugou snickers.

I punch his shoulder while he continues to smirk at me, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

"Uh huh surreee," I roll my eyes at him while Izuku stares at the two of us in shock.

"Bakugou you coming to dance with us or what," I say as Izuku and I are about to enter.

"I'm waiting for Kirishima," he says putting his hands in his pockets.

"Aw so sweet~," I tease.

"Quit it!" he says snapping at me.

I giggle as we both wave at each other signaling we will see each other around. I grab Izuku's soft hand pulling him inside the night club. He's taken aback by my sudden action but happily follows me. We enter and there are colorful lights shining around the pitch black room and it seems like everyone's already here. I look at Izuku and we both have the same thought on going to the dance floor.

We meet with Kaminari and Jirou and start dancing to the song that's currently playing. Kaminari says something to us but the music is so loud I can't understand him so instead I just nod. I start dancing like there's no tomorrow. I don't remember the last time I've been so happy and full of energy. Izuku dances next to me and he watches every move I make. I then see him start to laugh.

"Such classy dancing y/n," he shouts over the music for me to hear.

"Shut up!!" I say playfully smacking his shoulder while continuing my ridiculous dance moves.

Izuku smiles in response. I then grab his hand to have him dance with me and he follows along. I watch how his black hair moves freely as he dances. The warmth of his tattered hand grasping mine makes me feel as though he's the one who can protect me.

As we dance, I feel two hands grasp my shoulder from behind making me jump a little in shock. I turn around to see Todoroki smiling at my expression.

"Todoroki!" I say hugging him.

"You look great," he says hugging me back.

I pull away from him and notice his white tux with a blue tie that compliments it. Todoroki looks behind me and sees Izuku and they both wave to each other. I then spot Iida come up behind Izuku.

"MIDORIYA!!!" he shouts in his ear.

Izuku jumps grasping his chest, "IIDA ohmygod!"

"Why are you guys not dancing??" he asks with a very disappointed look.

"We just were Iida!" I say starting to dance again.

Todoroki and Izuku follow, while Uraraka shows up with two drinks in her hands also dancing. Iida does the robot making me laugh.

"You guys look amazing!!" Uraraka squeals.

"Thank you!" the three of us say in return.

Uraraka shimmies over to me.
"Your dress is STUNNING!!" she shouts.

"So is yours!!" I say back.

She hands me a drink and I happily take it. We watch as the three boys dance together. Uraraka and I can't help but laugh. She then leans up to my ear to say something.

"Izuku really really likes you, you know!" she excitedly says.

I blush hearing her say that.
"Well I really really like him too," I respond as we both giggle.

I watch Izuku from where I stand. He's laughing with Todoroki as they dance with Iida and a few students from Class 1-B. Seeing him let loose with a big smile on his face makes my heart flutter.

Everyday I realize more and more how beautiful Izuku Midoriya is...

( 1273 words )

Author's Note *please read!*
1) I'm sooo so sorry for not updating I've been pretty busy with college apps and traveling lately but hey I had time on my plane ride to write and finish this chapter! (>.<)

2) Also let me know what you guys think on whether this is a pretty good end to the fanfic or if I should add more? Idk I'm working on another story right now sooooo...

Anyways thank you for reading 💛