Un Coup De Main

Un coup de main

A helping hand

Hermione squelched together the eyelids of her already shut eyes even tighter. The sunlight coming through the bedroom the bedroom window was like flood-lights on a sports-field.

She felt one tiny second of respite when the light was dimmed for a moment; however she knew that the feeling was doomed. She felt a heavy weight pounce onto her, and Ginny's voice screeched into her ear.

"Wake up! We're going dress shopping!"

Hermione rolled herself onto her side while Ginny moved herself over to sit at the foot of the bed.

How could Hermione forget that today was the day in which she was going to be choosing her wedding dress for a wedding that she did not really care to have?

Her eyes adjusted to the light that was streaming through her eyelids, and she contemplated the idea of opening her eyes and greeting the day.

"Hurry up and get ready," said Ginny, now standing from her place, "Mum's waiting downstairs and she's starting to get a bit frazzled."

With that command, Ginny left the room. Hermione groaned and rolled over once more.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Madame Malkin was completely run off her feet. The tiny store was brimming with soon-to-be brides from all over Britain. Each was looking to buy their own special wedding dress.

When the horde of present and future Weasley women entered the store, Madame Malkin paled considerably before delegating them to a small corner of the store while she finished attending to the other customers.

In a relatively short space of time, the group was browsing through racks and stacks of dresses, shoes and accessories.

Hermione was having a much more difficult time getting into the spirit of things. She had never had a 'great vision' for her wedding that she had spent a lifetime dreaming about.

She was not quite sure what her dream wedding entailed, but she was sure it included marrying someone that she loved. This was considering the fact that she and Fred had not even spoken since they had agreed to marry each other.

Angelina was only having a slightly less difficult time that what Hermione was, so they paired up and agreed to help one another in their search for a wedding dress.

Angelina had held up at least a dozen dresses for Hermione to see, but not one had yet caught the brunette's eye. Angelina was getting impatient with every excuse that Hermione threw back at her.

"Too girly."

"Too lacy."

"Too frilly."

"Too plain."

Angelina grew exceptionally exasperated with Hermione's monotonous stream of complaints. She, herself, had found her dress long ago, by this point.

Her dress was a figure-hugging crimson red number. The skirt flared at the bottom to reveal the most delicate white and gold coloured lace that frothed out. Against Angelia's dark skin it looked heart-stoppingly beautiful.

Luna had picked out a dress in 'sun colours, for luck'. With the tires of ruffles, and giant yellow rose under the bust, she looked more or less, like a giant, sun-coloured hair scrunchie.

Despite Dee's decidedly exuberant personality she had picked the most demure dress out of all. An ivory skirt with a beaded bodice was all that was needed to make Dee shine on her fast-approaching wedding day.