Chapter 6: Liam's POV

Just read this. If I say something I'll ruin the surprise... I'll write my over-sized A/N afterwards...

Banner by the amazing, extraordinary, super-wonderful @ClaudHoran23!! LOVE YOU!!

Songs for this chapter:

- 'Farther Away Skulleyes Remix' by Evanescence (I feel like it is Thalia singing it to 1D at the start, and then at the chorus it's Niall singing about Liam going into the dark and how he can't catch him...... Jeez, I'm so weird...)

- 'Sic' by Slipknot

The link for the playlist is once again at the side, in the external link.

Warning:

This chapter has VERY graphic blood and gore, so I suggest you don't read this and wait/skip to the next chapter is you get emotional easy, or have a weak stomach. Jayde, that means you stop right HERE!! I don't want you to bitch-slap me or cry when you see me next.... >.<

Liam:

Ahead of me, the darkness swirled and swayed. There was so many thoughts shooting through my mind, trying to convince myself to turn back; cease this trivial expedition which I knew would result in only grief. But... The darkness was mocking me, and drawing me closer with its taunts. It's desires were dug so deeply into me that I couldn't help myself.

I could hear Niall make small, feeble noises to express his fear for me, as I found myself closer to the cascading black. I used all of my might and strength to ignore him; for all I knew, it could be what saves all of us.

I imagine how his perfectly toned body, blonde hair, pale eyes and irresistible smile would look in the light, with us together. Would it be different than before, or would everything stay he same? Would I even survive?

I rise my hand upward, so that it's elevated and straight as a board. Cautiously, I ease myself into the dark. My hand and fingers disappear, and it's as though my body has been sucked into an alternate dimension where it could be snatched any second. Fear had very well enveloped me, and I shook beneath it.

Breath billowing in a misty cloud in front of me, my body finally realizes how cold it is not in Niall's warm arms. Maybe the shivering wasn't all due to the fear, and the cold was crawling beneath my skin. Irritating and itchy.

It felt as though the darkness was forcefully tugging me inside; and I follow obediently. Niall makes a noise behind me, like a protest, but I don't care. It felt like dirty, infected talons were digging into my skin and piercing my veins with the tips. Quickly, I grunt and let my other hand slip into the darkness to try and ply them from me.

The claws dig deeper into my skin, releasing a stinging through my arm. I scratch at it, screaming and screaming. A deep, thunderous growl erupts, and the boys behind me begin to shriek with fright. The thing in the dark pulls me in, and I try to fight it by letting all my weight fall to the ground.

But it has my two hands, and it just dragged me further into the shadows. Trying to twist from its grasp, and crying for the boys to save me, I am soon inside the darkness; blind. The talons release from my arm, warm liquid which was most definitely blood pouring down my arm and pooling beneath my feet.

"Where are you...?"

Regaining my sense, I begin to run away, but a pair of scaly hands with pointed talons claw deep into the soft tissue and muscle of my leg. Screaming, it tightens its grip until it has cracked through my bone, and it splinters through my skin. Intense pain shoots up my thigh, my hand reaching to soothe it. It's as though the sting had tapped straight into my nervous system, it was so agonizing.