{ Chapter 20}

"the court has considered the nature and circumstance of the offense I have to consider the aggravating factor found by the jury. I have identified aggravating factors and considered those factors and arriving at a sentence. as aggravation the court finds, as the jury found the crime is especially cruel. the offense was committed with a deadly weapon, the crime involves substantial preparation and planning" jade shook her head as she stood in an orange jumpsuit with her legs and hands cuffed.

" the court has also considered the aggravating factor the emotional and financial to the victims family members" the judge continued," as mitigation, the court finds the defendant has no prior criminal history. the court has also considered the defendant's childhood background and family history and her expressed remorse"

" the court finds the mitigation presented is not sufficiently substantial and that a natural life sentence is appropriate. it orders the defendant should be incarcerated in the department of correction for the rest of her natural life with no possibility of parole"

jade head fell down while tears smoothly ran down her face as they took her away. she made eye contact with donny but quickly looked away. she could see the hurt in his eyes and the pain he's been feeling for the past 4 months.

jade spent her 21st birthday in a cell and it would be that way for the rest of her life. being in jail made her strongly regret what she did. she wishes she could take it all back. she shook her head at the fact her life changed within 9 months. her life was completely over and she was going crazy in a box.

*

2 weeks later

jade took a seat and grabbed the phone and looked through the glass at donny. she didn't speak and he didn't speak, they just starred. this was the first time Jade had ever seen donny cry and it made her feel guilty." you know she was pregnant right?" he asked referring to kenya.

jade heart sank as she cried along with him," what happens to the sweet little jade that would get scared of gunshots, and was so innocent? huh? what happen to her?"

she just stared at him, stuck on what to say. donny nodded and closed his eyes for a split second before reopening them.

"I wasn't lying when I told you this life would fuck you up" he shook his head and disgust." I love you donny be safe out there" she stood up and sat the phone down beginning to walk away

" jade ! Jade! I'm not done talking to you jade! Jade I'm tired of you walking away from me ! " Donny spazzed out being taken away by correctional officers. He was just wasn't done .

__________________________________________________________________