{ Chapter 16}

" Ouuuu best friend you engaged," Jade said dancing around Chicago Ridge mall laughing and hyping Kenya about her engagement. " I know best friend a bitch finna be wifed up, " kenya said sticking out her tongue and laughing along with Jade.

" do you hear me"
they decided they wanted to celebrate by shopping until they couldn't shop anymore. she was happy for her best friend she just hoped she wouldnt have to cut her dreams short because she had to hurt crane.

the number one thing she observed from donny is you cant get respect unless you declare it. donny was the main reason she wanted to do it, to show him she wasn't weak or no bitch can even get to the level she was on. But importantly trying to prove that to her self. that was the last thing on her mind at that moment tho.

" Oh shit best friend lets go in here" kenya dragged jade into another store filed with heels and bags. jade shook her head and followed behind kenya watching her trip over shoes. she was genuinely glad her best friend was happy. she looked at the time and slapped her head because she lost track of time. " alright best friend lets go, I still got my date with Brian"

jade pulled kenya out the store so kenya could quickly get her car out of valet. kenya loved the fact she was able to switch cars to match her feelings thanks to her now fiance. that's honestly the level jade wanted to be on and she couldn't wait either.

*

" you look gorgeous jade" brian complimented as he pul out her chair so she could take a seat. she sat down and thanked him. she was honestly glad he thought that she thought she overdressed a tad bit.

they continued to talk about different things and jade was really enjoying her self

they continued to talk about different things and jade was really enjoying her self.  he made her escape from all the stress she was feeling lately which just made her smile even more. " so tell me about yourself, where you from? how was your childhood up until now?"

jade adjusted herself in her seat and debated if she wanted to just tell him half." umm, my childhood was never really fun I bounced from home to home in the foster system but I made sure to stay on track with school. just like I'm doing now just taking online classes. I'm originally from Detroit but moved to Illinois for personal reason I just need a fresh start with life."

she looked at him nodding and eating and she grew the feeling of dumb," oh I'm sorry am I talking too much?" she questioned in concern. " no no no, of course not I'm actually very interested" she nodded and decided to switch the conversation to her college major which went on half of the night. she enjoyed his company and didn't mind sitting there all night.

*

" damn best friend your date was a 3 days ago and you can't stop talking about it" Jade laughed and threw her hands up. " hey, what can I say lil nigga got yah girl in her feelings. especially when i call him at night and he was sleep. BITCHHHH that voice"

" got you lil ass sprung already, misses catch feelings in day ass bitch"

jade laughed and waved her off," do you hear me." they were sitting in kenya car about to shot a sense in a music video. crane got kenya a scene but she wanted jade to do it with her. jade happily accepted the offer why wouldnt she. " there go crane"

they got out the car and kenya ran to her fiance and Jade walked with a smirked," wassup crane" jade gritted to be petty while folding her arms. " jade"

kenya looked between the too and wondered if she missed something but she quickly shook it off and continue to show love to her fiance.

when they were finished all jade wanted to do was go home to her lovely bed and sleep." alright best friend take me home," kenya nodded and got in the car to follow behind crane to the gas station. she was happy to get snacks and go home to cake her self to sleep with brian like teenagers.