"What's her name?" I asked softly.

"Melinda, daughter of Lord Namrond," he said with a wistful smile. "I had a crush on her since we were little."

"I bet she must be very lovely. She's truly lucky to have a great man and a great warrior like you to bear such a special feelings for her," I said honestly. He frowned.

"Great man?" he replied with a sudden anger laced in his tone, "Are you sure?" he gritted his teeth. I looked into his eyes and I saw anger, but I knew that anger was directed towards himself.

"Yes you are! You stood by us and protected us this far! You even saved my life back in the mines of Moria!" I retorted with questioning look on my face, "Why are you doubting yourself?"

"Because the Ring and its temptation showed me how weak I am!" he spat and I flinched at his frustrated outburst. He seemed to realize his tone and looked away from me in shame.

"What did the Ring promised you with?" I asked with a still level tone.

"It promised me that its power can save my city. My homeland," he muttered softer this time, his head turned away in shame and guilt.

"The Ring knows your heart, Boromir. It knows how much you love your city and used it against you," I pointed confidently and added, "Just how it used my world and my family against me. But that doesn't make you or me a bad person for being tempted." His head jerked at me.

"It spoke to you too?" he asked in bewilderment.

"Yeah! For all I know, it spoke to the others too, even though they don't say anything," I replied shrugging, "Don't let the Ring and its condemnation steal your peace. Remember that no matter what, you're still a great man, a great warrior and a great friend. Do not doubt yourself. All that promises and judgments from the Ring are lies. It doesn't bow to another but the dark lord himself."

Boromir smiled a smile that reached his eyes for the first time in a week and I smiled widely in return.

"Thank you, my friend, for your consolation relieved me greatly."

"Anytime!" I beamed. "Next time you hear the Ring speak lies to you again, remember that I am always here, to tell you how wrong its lies are."

We smiled widely at each other and Boromir started to eat his food. My heart was glad as I felt his spirit lightened up. We were chatting and talking about his city, Gondor, when we saw Merry and Pippin, with Gimli tailing behind them, ran towards us.

"Miss Leane!" shouted Pippin excitedly, "Look what we've got!"

"Hey there, fellas. How many times I told you to just call me Leane?" I replied grinning at the hobbits and Gimli. My eyes widen at what Pippin bear in his hands. A guitar!

"I remembered you said that you know how to play this," he chirped as he gave me the elven guitar.

"Ohh... It's so beautiful," I sighed dreamily as I picked the strings to test the sound. I gasped at the initial sound. My eyes widen in wonder, "...and it sounds as beautiful as it looks..."

Merry and Pippin nodded excitedly and exclaimed, "Play something!"

I grinned and began playing the guitar. The sound was beautiful as I played random cheerful songs with the guitar, wanting to cheer Boromir and the hobbits. Soon Aragorn, Frodo, Sam and Legolas joined us as I played a song to which Merry and Pippin were singing. As the song ended, all of the others was clapping (including some elves who passed by and stopped to hear the foreign song).

"That was a merry song to hear, it was exquisite," praised Haldir.

"You can always count on the hobbits to light up the mood," I said smiling at the Merry and Pippin, in which they smiled smugly.