Epilogue

Virgil sat on the grass, warm thanks to the sun and comfortable thanks to Roman. Both of them were sprawled on top of a blanket out in the forest of the imagination, soft breeze moving leaves around and making them brush away strands of too long hair.

He was calm like he never had been, and everything was easier than before, all thanks to Roman's company and the personal development that the acknowledgement of actually loving someone had worked on him, making of himself maybe not a better version but a happier one indeed.

Roman could say the same, his creative process had became more open, actually asking for prompts to work on instead of going on quests to find the inspiration.

Logan had been right about them, they were the perfect couple in the way they helped the other became if not a better version of themselves, work towards that or just make the other happier . It was their year anniversary and they were celebrating very low key because Roman wasn't feeling the extra-ness (maybe that's a good sign, Princey) and Virgil only cared forma spending time together.

They had another reason to celebrate tho. Logan and Patton had finally went over everything and had managed to end up together too. How cliche, but love is love and now Thomas owed them twenty dollars, imaginary money to spend on imaginary ice cream.

Talking about food, Virgil had gotten a liking to cook, even changing his always monochromatic clothes for some white t-shirt (Roman's actually) and some yellow sweatpants that he didn't remember owning. The prince had almost cried when he saw Virgil's cake, so proud of his boyfriend.

They shared the cake like they shared most things now, warm feeling on their chests and they couldn't be better, and Roman made sure to always assure Virgil that this wasn't a dream, just as he did the same. Both of them pushing away the fears of the other and above all, loving each other.

a/n:
kinda sucky ending bc my brain thought we were over with this and didn't wanted to cooperate.