5.5

[i'm really sorry, but i'm doing a very large time skip to the day before daniel leaves to go on the minor tour in may, so may fourteenth. i just needed to get right to the point. i apologize to any of those who liked how it was going at a slow pace. one thing you should know is that ellery and zach are married now.]

[E L A I N A  H O P E]

"baby, are you sure you'll be okay?" daniel questioned for the hundredth time, as we were laying in bed next to each other, neither of us able to sleep.

"yes daniel, i'll see you in five days. it'll be okay," i assured him, attempting to turn my body around but i couldn't due to the weight of being eight and a half months pregnant, "can you cuddle me, i can't turn over," i whined, and daniel immediately obliged and wrapped his arms around me, his hands being placed on my stomach.

he sighed and said, "it's just... it's just that you're due in ten days and i'm going to be gone for five. i don't want to be three hundred miles away from you in las vegas when you're here alone." 

"i always have my phone to call corbyn and christina next door. it's going to be okay," i mumbled, wanting more than anything in the moment to kiss his soft lips, but like i said, my back way facing him and i didn't have the strength or energy to flip myself over.

"i know," he murmured, putting his face on the side of my neck and sighing, "i just want to be here with you 24/7 and i can't do that when i'm gone. i've been here almost everyday for five months straight. i don't know what i'd do if you went into labor or something while i was gone."

"like i said, everything will be okay. everything happens for a reason," i assured him quietly, shutting my eyes and drifting off to sleep in daniel's arms. i heard him sigh before settling himself down and falling asleep, too.

when i woke up, daniel was already awake and doing his hair in the mirror. i lightly laughed to myself at daniel's attention to detail when running his fingers through his hair, trying to make it look perfect.  i sat up and rubbed my eyes. i'm guessing daniel heard the ruffiling sound of the comforter when i sat up, because his head turned to the side and he smiled at me.

"good morning, baby. how'd you sleep?" he asked, walking out of the bathroom and sitting next to me on the edge of the bed. he started rubbing his hand along my shoulder and i smiled. just the little things he does makes me so happy because it lets me know that he really pays attention and cares.

"i slept... decent. i woke up a few times in the night, but it wasn't the worst night i've ever had," i explained to him, and he nodded warily. he hated that most nights i didn't get very much sleep because of the twins.

"okay, just know that you're free to call me whenever while i'm gone," he said, giving me serious look to let me know that there was no time when i couldn't call him.

"i know, daniel. you've told me this many times," i giggled, pecking his lips.

"well, i set out an outfit for you. you can get changed then i'll be waiting for you," he told me, pointing to the outfit on the side of the bed. it was a hoodie and some leggings, pretty much all i've been wearing for the last couple of months.

"thanks, babe. i'l be downstairs in a couple minutes," i kissed his cheek and he left the bedroom so i could change. 

i slipped out of bed and wobbled over to the clothes, stripping out of mine and replacing it with the ones he set out. god damn, he is such a gentleman. i put the clothes i wore to bed in the hamper, then went downstairs to find daniel making breakfast. holy shit, why is he so amazing? 

"hey babygirl, i made some eggs," he smiled, as i wrapped my arms around him and laying my head on his warm chest.

"thank you, dani," i said, unwrapping my arms from around him and getting a paper plate out of the cabinet. i put some eggs on it and ate quickly, throwing the plate away afterwards. i think daniel had already eaten because he didn't eat when i did.