2.4

continued...

[E L A I N A H O P E]

"what if he doesn't want it?" i panicked, looking at the positive pregnancy test in my hand and pressing my hand to my stomach, looking down at it and rubbing my hand in circles, thinking about how i have a little fetus growing inside of me right now.

"elaina, trust me, he's gonna be ten times more excited about this than you will ever be. just have some faith here." zach told me, calming me down. he's probably right. daniel is most likely gonna be more excited about this than i am.

"how am i gonna tell him?" i asked, immediately becoming panicked again.

"just tell him, 'i'm pregnant'." jack said in a 'duh' tone.

"jack, that's a horrible idea. she needs to tell him in a cute way, like this one i saw on pinterest where the girl got the guy a pair of tiny shoes that were the same as another pair of shoes that the guy has but infant sized and when he gets all confused she says, 'i wanted him to have the same shoes as his daddy.' then they hug and it's all cute." zach told us, in a 'matter of face' tone.

"zach, that's so cliché." i told told him, scoffing. "what if i just put the test on the bathroom counter and when he goes in there he'll see it." i suggested.

"i still like my idea better, but go ahead and do what you want." jack said shrugging, and i laughed.

"okay, thanks guys. i love you so much. you're the best brothers i could ever have." i said, smiling and hugging them.

"no problem, elaina. now you better go downstairs so daniel doesn't get suspicious. tell me how it goes when you tell him." zach replied, motioning towards the door.

i put the pregnancy test in my purse, opened their bedroom door taking a deep breathe, then heading downstairs to find daniel, corbyn, and jonah sitting there having a conversation. well, corbyn and jonah having a conversation. daniel is just sitting there spaced out, probably worrying about me.

i came up next to him and sat down, putting my head on his shoulder.

"what was all that about?" he asked, wrapping his arm around me.

"they were just having girl problems," i lied, pressing a kiss to his cheek, "but i'm feeling kind of sick again, so i want to go home." though i wasn't feeling sick, i just wanted to get home to tell him.

"okay, baby." he kissed the top of my head. "guys we're gonna leave." he said to the boys.

"hope you're feeling better." corbyn said reassuringly.

when daniel wasn't paying attention, i made sure corbyn was looking and i put my hand in my stomach and started rubbing it around in a circle so he would get the idea. it took him a moment, then his eyes went wide and i nodded, causing him to smile.

"ready baby?" i asked, and daniel nodded.

corbyn mouthed, 'good luck' to me and i smiled at him.

we walked out of the front door and got in daniel's car, starting the drive home.

~

when we got home, i told daniel i had to use the bathroom so when i went in there, i put the test on the counter. i flushed the toilet to make it seem like i did my business, then went back out.

"what do you want to do?" i asked daniel, sitting down next to him and placing my hand on my stomach to make it seem like i was sick, but also because i knew there was a little baby in there that belonged to the love of my life. i tried my hardest not to smile looking at daniel while my hand was placed on my stomach.

"you should rest, baby." he said, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"i'm not tired." i told him, and when he sent looking, i glanced down at my stomach and smiled.

"baby, you're sick. you need to feel better." he said, in a weary voice.

"it's not hurting that bad right now."

he sighed, "hold on, you lay down. i need to use the bathroom and i'll be right back." he kissed the top of my head and got up from the couch, heading towards the bathroom.

i immediately felt nervous. he was going to go in that bathroom and find out about the little pea-sized baby in my stomach.

to see his reaction, i quickly got up and quietly followed him into the bathroom. he didn't see it at first, but when he looked in the mirror, he glanced down at the counter and saw the test sitting there. he furrowed his eyebrows and picked it up to examine it.

he swiftly walked out of the bathroom to see me standing there.

"y-you're pregnant?" he asked, looking as if he hadn't comprehended it yet.

"i'm pregnant." i assured him smiling, taking a step closer to him.

"really?"

"yes daniel, there's a little baby you in my stomach." i told him.

he came up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and smiling.

"i'm gonna be a dad." he whispered, coming to the realization. "I'M GONNA BE A DAD!" he yelled happily, removing his arms from around me and running around the house.

i laughed at his reaction and he came back up to me, "is that why you were with jack and zach?" he asked.

"yeah. they assumed something when i threw up and then felt totally fine afterwards. it was really awkward when they asked me when the last time you and i had sex was, and i told them four days ago then one of them suggested that i could be pregnant. jack had a test because he said gabbie almost got pregnant last year so i took it, and sure enough, there's a little baby daniel in my stomach." i said smiling.

"it could be a little baby elaina. it might be a girl." he said, pulling up the bottom of my shirt and placing his hands on my bare stomach while smiling like an absolute idiot. "hey little baby. i know you're really small and you were only conceived a few days ago, but i already love you so much. don't be too rough on your mom, okay? i don't want her to be stressed. i love you little ray on sunshine." he whispered, kissing my stomach.

"you're gonna be a great dad, daniel." i told him, smiling.

"i hope so." he sighed, standing up and wrapping his arms around me.

"i know so."