1.1

[E L A I N A H O P E]

i woke up at 2:15 am beside christina in her bed. we must've fallen asleep here while watching a movie and criticizing each and every little detail of it. i bet corbyn went to sleep on the couch since we're asleep in here. sucks for him.

i was trying to go back to sleep, but my throat was extremely dry. eventually it got so unbearable that i finally got up and went to the kitchen to get some water.

it was overwhelmingly dark in the hallway which led to the hallway. i hadn't even seen the edge of the dining room table, and i tripped over it, causing a huge bang.

i cussed under my breath as i picked myself up and hoped i didn't wake up corbyn on the couch, but to my 'luck', i heard somebody stir in the other room.

i just tried to ignore it and i continued my way to the kitchen. i left the lights off and grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

"hey christina, you okay?" i heard someone whisper.

"sorry corbyn, i didn't mean to wake you up. also," i started walking towards the light switch, and i turned it on, "it's not christina, it's ela-" i turned around from the wall, but the person that stood there wasn't corbyn, it was daniel fucking seavey. "oh, uh, hey daniel." i said, trying my hardest not to make things awkward. if there's one thing i absolutely hate, it's awkward situations.

"hey there." he replied. i told him years ago that awkward situations are one of my main weaknesses, so he tried to sound as casual as possible. "you okay?"

"yeah, i just tripped over the table over there." i explained. "it's really dark."

we both went quiet, and it was extremely awkward. my natural instincts were to curl up in a ball on the floor, so that's what's i did.

"woah, are you okay?" he asked, bending down next to me, concern filling his face.

"yeah, it just got really awkward, and my instincts tell me to curl up in a ball, so i did that." i explained. "maybe more awkward than our texts." i laughed. it was one of the first genuine laughs i've had in a long time.

he stifled a laugh and said, "i would be lying if i said i didn't push my phone off the bed that day because i was getting really uncomfortable."

"i would be lying if i said i didn't do the same." i giggled. (quick side bar, i hate the word giggled. i don't know why, but i do. also, this is off topic, but does the word moist make anyone else feel extremely uncomfortable? yes? no? oh sorry, i guess i'm annoying you. you want me to leave? okay, i'll leave now. continue reading)

he sat down next to me on the floor and wrapped his arm around me, as i put my head on his shoulder. it felt naturnal, so natural that it was like times never changed. it was like old times, when me and daniel would sit on the floor in the middle of our bedroom laughing and talking about the randomest of things.

"you know what, fuck what people think." i stated. "let's fuck society and be friends. people think that exes can't be friends, but let's prove them wrong. i hate things being awkward with you. i hate having to avoid you, when all i really want to do is the opposite of that. so what do you say, friends?"

"hell yeah. fuck what people think." he laughed.

i don't even know how this is remotely possible, but i fell asleep on the kitchen floor in daniel seavey's arms.

i woke up in the morning to the flash of a camera in my face.

"i swear to god, if you fucking post that." i mumbled, snuggling into daniel's chest.

"are you guys back together?" christina whispered.

"fuck no." i muttered, trying to go back to sleep since i was very tired.

christina chuckled and left the room, probably to go talk to corbyn about what she walked in to.

i almost fell back asleep, but daniel started to stir in his sleep, meaning he was starting to wake up, and i groaned because he moved away from me and now i was uncomfortable.

"come back." i whispered.

i heard him quietly laugh as he moved back to the same position he was in before he moved.

"good morning." he mumbled.

"shut up." i replied.

"i should've remembered you're not a morning person."

"you've probably got a brain the size of a walnut, so it figures you can't remember anything." i murmured, snuggling up closer to him.

"somebody's cranky."

"it's hard not to be cranky when you get woken up at 7:00 in the morning by a camera flash in your face." i told him.

"here, let me get you to the guest bedroom or something. the kitchen floor is extremely uncomfortable and you're practically laying on top of me."

i had no argument.

he picked me up as he stood up from the ground and carried me down the hall to their guest bedroom, then laid me in it.

"lay with me." i mumbled.

"you sure?" he whispered.

"mhm."

he laid down next to me and snaked his arm around my waist, just like old times.

and that's when i knew i was never, ever going to stop loving daniel james seavey.