2.1

[E L A I N A  H O P E]

"baby, i want to take you somewhere." daniel said smiling, as he took my hand and lead me towards the front door.

"where are we going?" i asked, picking up speed and catching up to daniel who was holding my hand and walking swiftly towards the elevator.

"somewhere beautiful." he smiled, as he got inside the small elevator and pressed the lobby button. i got inside shortly after him.

"where is this beautiful place?" i asked him, laying my head on his shoulder as the elevator slowly descended towards the lobby of the apartment.

"you'll see." he said cheekily, as the doors opened and we went towards the car.

"you're so annoying sometimes." i grumbled, opening the car door and hopping inside. daniel went around to the opposite side of the car and got in the drivers seat.

"i'm only annoying for you, baby." he smiled, turning on the engine.

we talked as he drove for about thirty minutes until he stopped the car and pulled over in the middle of the street. i was quite confused.

"what are we doing?" i asked daniel, who was retrieving something from the glove box.

once he found what he was looking for, he pulled it out. it was a blindfold.

"put this on. i want where we are going to be a surprise." he told me, handing me the blindfold.

i hesitantly put it on, and once i did i heard the car start again and he drove off. we only drove for about five more minutes until we reached our final destination.

"stay there. i'll help you out of the car." he told me, so i sat patiently in the car. i heard the trunk open and he grabbed something out of it, then he came over to the passenger side door and opened it.

he grabbed my hand and lead me out of my seat. i felt something swung over his back and it felt quite familiar.

"dani, is that your guitar case?" i asked, reaching for the thing but he moved it out of the way so i couldn't figure out what it was.

"you have to wait and see, babygirl." he replied, walking me forward.

i could feel the leaves crunching underneath my feet due to it being fall. the wind was blowing in my hair causing a cool breeze to rush over me and i shivered. daniel stopped for a moment and took his hand out of mine. i was confused for a moment until i felt him put his jacket around me.

he's so fucking sweet.

"thank you, dani." i smiled, reaching out and trying to find him.

he grabbed my hand from behind and continued walking me towards the destination in which he was leading me to. he stopped after a few steps and told me to sit down.

"you can lean back. there's a tree behind you." i heard him say, so i did. i felt the rough bark hit my back and i waited for him to give me some sign that i could take the blindfold off.

he unzipped something, which sounded like his guitar case, then said, "take off the blindfold, baby."

i did as instructed and pulled off the blindfold to find myself in the middle of a gorgeous field surrounded by the beautiful yellow, orange, and red colors of fall. i was sitting upon a huge oak tree and in front of me stood daniel with his guitar and one of the biggest smiles on his face that i have ever seen.

"what's going on?" i asked, really confused by what was happening.

"just listen, baby." he instructed, so i did.

he started playing the tune to a song that i was unfamiliar with, then started singing. once he got to the refrain, i was in tears.

(just a quick a/n, i am definitely no song writer, so don't judge what is about to come. thanks 💞)

i wanted you to come back, and you did.
i was in pain, but that pain was resolved.
your lips are my drug, i just can't stop kissing them.
you're the thing that keeps me alive everyday.
you're my everything.
'please come back' is what i would think without you each day.
and now you're here, baby.
i love you more thank you could ever think.

(i know, i suck at songwriting. that was the refrain btw. you don't have to suffer with any of my fucking horrible songwriting skills anymore ;) )

he continued onto the second verse, and the whole time i had my hands over my mouth and tears streaming out of my eyes. his voice was so full of passion and meaning. it's like his voice was made for me to hear. it's the thing that keeps me sane each day.

he's such an angel.

once he finished, he pulled something out of his pocket. it was a velvet box, but not just any velvet box: it was the box that held the old promise ring he gave me. i remember it exactly from when he gave it to me four years ago, and now it's back. he put his guitar on the ground and held my hands.

"baby, you're the only thing in the world that keeps me sane. you're the only thing in the world that i have ever truly loved. you're the only thing in the world that i need in my life. i'm sorry for my past mistakes, but i promise from this day forward that it will be you and me forever. you're so smart and beautiful, and i can't believe out of everyone in the whole world you actually love me. it still shocks me everyday that you're actually mine. i love you so much, baby. i promise you that i will love you forever, and that's the whole truth. so i want you to promise me this," he opened the box which held the old ring, "i want you to promise me that you'll be mine until the end of time. my life is so amazing, just because you're in it. i love you so, so much." he said, passion and love strung through his words. just by his small speech, i was in tears.

"i-it's the old ring." i smiled.

he nodded and smiled wider.

"of course, daniel. i promise that i'll be yours and you'll be mine until the end of time and beyond that. i love you, dani." i told him, and tear of happiness left his eyes as he put the sapphire ring on my finger.

once he put the ring on my finger, i brought his face down to connect my lips with his. i could taste both of our salty tears as our lips molded together and started moving in sync.

i heard thunder in the distance, and rain started falling down on us, causing me to pull away and laugh.

"i love you daniel." i smiled.

"i love you too, elaina."

a/n: i'm going to continue this in the next chapter, it was just getting really long 💞