2.9

[C H R I S T I N A  M A R I E]

"christina, honey, wake up." i heard corbyn whisper.

i fluttered my eyes open and corbyn stood at the edge of the bed with his luggage.

"it's almost time for me to go to the airport. i let you sleep in as long as possible." he said, so i sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"sorry, corbs. i couldn't sleep well last night." i told him, sitting up in bed.

"i know." he sighed. "i already got you something to wear. it's in the bathroom. i'm going to go downstairs and eat while you get ready." he said, planting a kiss on my cheek.

i thanked him, and he went downstairs leaving me alone in the bedroom to change. i went in the bathroom to find a hoodie and some leggings sitting there waiting for me, so i quickly put them on. then i brushed my hair and put it in a messy bun.

once i was all ready, i went downstairs to find corbyn eating a granola bar.

"here baby, i got you one." he said, handing me a bar of granola.

"thanks corbyn." i smiled, unwrapping the food and taking a bite of pure deliciousness.

"we're going over to the boys' house in a few minutes so we can all ride together to the airport." corbyn explained, as he got up to throw away the wrappers to our granola bars.

suddenly, his phone started to ring and he had a puzzled look on his face. he answered it, and i could hear cries in the background of it and daniel's voice.

"yeah, i'll tell the boys." he paused to hear what daniel had to say. "okay, i'll see you there."

they hung up and corbyn sighed.

"what was all that about?" i asked, very confused.

"elaina is a wreck. he said she didn't realize how being pregnant would make it so much harder for her to leave daniel. he wants us to all meet up at their apartment instead of the boys' house so he has more people like you, zach, and jack to help calm her down." he explained, and i nodded.

i didn't really think leaving daniel was that hard for her. she's been making it seem like him being away from him is going to be a piece of cake. it's pretty easy for me to leave corbyn since we've been doing it all through our relationship. i guess they're just not used to it yet.

i heard corbyn get another phone call and sigh.

"all the boys agreed to meet up at daniel and elaina's apartment. i called zach and he seemed to try to get everyone to hurry up and go quickly. her and zach must have a pretty tight bond." corbyn said. "you ready to go?"

i nodded my head in response and we made our way to the garage. we got inside of corbyn's car and we made our way towards their apartment.

we arrived quickly and i hurriedly make my way through the lobby and to the elevator, and pressed the up button. when it opened, corbyn and i stepped inside and pressed the button for the eighth floor and it made its way there slowly. i was impatiently tapping my foot when the doors finally opened again and i speed walked down the hallway to their door. it was unlocked, so i just barged in to find elaina in tears on the couch and daniel with puffy eyes trying to calm her down, while also trying not to cry, himself.

she looked up and saw me, then ran up to me.

"i don't want him to leave." she sobbed into my shoulder.

i wrapped my arms around her and sighed.

"there's nothing we can do." i sighed. "we'll call them everyday. we'll even go to a few of their shows. it'll be okay." i assured her, but she kept on crying. daniel looked at me wearily from the couch with tears around his eyes.

i've never seen him cry before.

in all the five and a half years i've known daniel, i have never once seen him cry. i've always thought he was this strong guy with emotional walls no one can break, but i guess i was wrong. elaina is the only one who can penetrate those emotional walls. if i think about it, i don't think any of the boys have ever seen him cry before.

before i can comprehend anything, i feel two pairs of strong arms wrap around me and elaina. i looked up to see jack and zach. suddenly, four more pairs of arms wrap around us and i see eben, jonah, corbyn, and daniel all around us in one big group hug.

"elaina, it'll all be okay. we'll be back in four months, and you'll see a few shows. it'll all be alright." zach assured.

a few more tears fell from elaina's eyes, and she pulled out of the hug to hug each of the boys individually, giving each of them a thank you. she stopped lastly at daniel and gave him a short kiss and mumbled something inaudible to our ears to him, and he mumbled something back.

i saw david appear in the doorway, and he said, "frick. the flight leaves in half an hour. we need to hurry our asses up."

everyone laughed, and headed towards the car.

luckily, lax isn't very far from their apartment so we got there in ten minutes.

as we were saying our last goodbyes, corbyn said to me, "be careful, okay? if i was still there you would be on bed rest, but knowing you, you aren't going to follow that while i'm gone. so just take it easy for me. i don't want you or the baby to get hurt. i love you so much. i'll see you in four months."

"i'll be careful, corbs. don't worry about me. i love you, too." i told him, giving him a quick kiss.

he waved bye to me and went over to security wth everyone else. when i went to see if elaina was ready to go, she and daniel were still talking. i didn't mean to eavesdrop, but i heard part of their conversation.

"promise me you'll be safe. i hate being away from you and not knowing if you're okay 100% of the time." daniel said to elaina, while putting his forehead on hers.

"i promise, dani. i'm gonna miss you so much. i'll call you everyday and tell you how the baby is doing while you're away and i'll update you on what's going on. i love you." elaina told him.

"i love you too, baby." daniel said, and pulled her in for a kiss.

at that point, i got kind of uncomfortable so i looked away and minded my own business. a couple minutes later, elaina came up to me and told me she was ready to go.

"you okay, elaina?" i asked her, as we were getting in corbyn's car, because that's what we drove here.

"yeah, i guess. i just didn't realize how hard this was going to be for me." she sighed.

"it'll be okay." i assured her.

"it's gonna be okay."