0.5

[E L A I N A  H O P E]

all of these texts.

each one coming through second by second.

each one apologizing for what he did, trying to have an explanation.

he stopped sending them about a month after we broke up, but there is a newer one.

he sent one exactly a month ago. it's an apology. he didn't think i'd unblock him, so he vented out all of his feelings into this one text.

it said:

dear elaina,

it's been four years. four miserable years. i know you've blocked me, and i know you'll never read this, but i just want to say i'm sorry. i'm so, so sorry for everything i did when we were eighteen. i'm sorry for cheating on you. i'm sorry for ignoring you. i'm sorry for not being loyal to you. the truth is, i thought you forgot about me. you were so busy with work that i thought you didn't care about me anymore, but i was too naive to realize that you really did care. you really cared about me, but i fucked that up. i let my thoughts get in the way and i didn't feel loved, though the only real sense of love that i have ever felt was right there all along. when we were at that party, i saw a girl that reminded me of you so i thought i could hit her up. let's just say, that was the biggest regret of my life. i know it's been four years, and that you've probably moved on by now, but i still love you. you still hold the key to my heart, and you're the only one who can open it. i'm so sorry.

from, daniel.

i was in tears reading it.

of course, i've forgiven him already.

i forgave him as soon as i realized that i still loved him, and that i will always love him.

he is the only one who relieves the pain of pain itself.

he's the one.

i quickly typed something into the text box, and my finger hovered over the send button for a long time, until i pressed it.

--

me💞: i forgive you.

--

a/n: sorry this is so short, i just needed to make this dramatic and i didn't really have anything else to say. peace out *insertt author dabbing, but failing miserably and breaking their nose*