2.5

[E L A I N A H O P E]

"baby, i just realized we need to do something." i told daniel after just waking up.

"what did you realize?" he asked, wrapping his arm around me and cuddling his head into my neck.

"we need to tell our families about the pregnancy. it's been a week and we haven't told them yet." i said, and his head shot up.

"fuck. i don't know how that didn't cross my mind. we need to tell my mom, like, right now." he said urgently, and i laughed.

"okay, facetime her." i told him, so he got his phone off of the nightstand, opened up his contacts, and scrolled to his mom's contact. his finger hovered hesitantly over the facetime button for a few seconds before pressing it and setting it up on a pillow.

after only a few rings, keri's face appeared on the screen.

"hey guys! what's up?" keri asked when she answered the call.

"i, uh... elaina, you wanna tell her?" he said nervously.

"you're such a fucking chicken." i mumbled, and keri gave me a stern look. "sorry about the language, keri. but we have some big news." i said, emphasizing the word big.

"spill." she said rubbing her hands together in anticipation, like a person who was waiting for some good drama.

we both laughed and then it went serious again.

"okay, so i'm," daniel looked at me and smiled, causing me to smile even wider, "i'm pregnant."

she shot up in her seat and started smiling widely.

"really?" she asked happily.

"really, keri." i assured her.

"i'm gonna be a grandma!" she said happily.

"okay, well we need to go so we can call anna, mom." daniel said.

"anna's actually at the house right now. she came by to drop something off. i'll go get her so you can tell her." keri smiled, walking away.

me and daniel both gave each other nervous looks, not knowing how my best friend and his sister would react to me being pregnant.

soon enough, keri came back with anna. keri left the room, leaving us with anna.

"explain to me now why mom is so happy." she said, very confused.

"daniel, you made me tell keri. this is all you, buddy." i said, patting his back and he sighed.

"tell me what?" anna asked, her eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"elaina is, well, uh, she's pregnant." daniel said nervously, stuttering out his words.

"WHAT? I'M GONNA BE AN AUNT? OH MY GOD. YAY!" she yelled, jumping up and down.

daniel and i gave a shocked expression to each other, thinking anna was going to have a bad reaction, it it was actually the exact opposite of that.

"yeah, now we have to go. we have more people to tell." daniel said, pressing the end button before she could protest against it.

"okay, my mom?" i asked.

"yeah." he replied.

i got out my phone and told siri to facetime mom.

just like keri, she picked up after only a few short rings.

"mom, i'm pregnant." i blurted out as soon as her face appeared on the screen, wanting to get it over with.

"what? really?"

"yeah." i replied.

"good for you." she smiled.

she doesn't ever show a lot of emotion, so this is a lot to get from her.

"well, we have to go now. i need to call emma." i told her.

"bye sweetie. bye daniel." she said, fore ending the call.

"you're getting this done fast." daniel joked, and i smacked him in the arm. he rolled his eyes as i told siri to facetime 'bitch'.

"hey hoe!" she yelled. "guess what, i got my license yesterday. i can drive now." she laughed.

"guess what, i got pregnant last week. i am a mom now." i said, one-upping her.

"no way." her mouth gaped open. "tsk tsk tsk. you nasty people." she shook her head in disappointment.

"i'm not nasty!" i defended myself.

"mhm. and tell me now how you got pregnant."

"it's called sex. everyone that's an adult that's in love does it. just deal with it, kid." i said, and daniel's face turned a bright shade of red.

"awww, is little daniel embarrassed?" emma cooed, causing his cheeks to turn darker.

"hey, don't make fun of him!" i said, defending daniel.

"it's hard not to when he's a tomato." emma snickered.

"he's a beautiful tomato." i said, causing both daniel and emma to laugh.

"can you guys stop comparing me to a vegetable?" daniel asked, chuckling.

"daniel, sweetie, a tomato is a fruit." i corrected him.

"you can have your own opinions." he said, crossing his arms.

"so back to our last topic: sex." emma said, like it wasn't anything very personal to both of us.

"emma!" i scolded, and daniel's face flushed red once again.

"what, you said it was something everyone does, so why can't we talk about it?" she asked, as if it's nothing.

"because it's a personal subject." i told her, wrapping my arms around daniel to try to hide his red face.

"you guys are so gross." she fake gagged.

"that's good to know." i hissed, ending the call.

"she so weird." daniel mumbled, acting like he was traumatized by the small event.

"trust me, i know." i laughed. "at least we have now told our most important family members." i smiled at him, then glanced down at my stomach.

"i can't believe there's a little baby that you and i created. i can't believe there's a baby in there that's ours." he smiled, placing his hands on my stomach.

"the doctor said that we'll have our first ultrasound in eight weeks." i told him, putting my hand on top of his.

"i can't wait." he whispered, kissing my stomach.

what did i ever do to deserve this amazing man?