2.8

[E L A I N A H O P E]

i woke up in bed to the sink running in the bathroom. it was still dark outside and the clock said it was 9:15 pm. i specifically remember falling asleep in the car.

"daniel?" i asked groggily, rubbing my eyes and sitting up.

daniel poked his head out from the bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth, in sweatpants with no shirt. his hair was all messy and holy hell he looked sexy.

"baby, go back to sleep." he said, taking his toothbrush out and rinsing out his mouth.

"did you carry me up here?" i asked, my voice was raspy and quiet.

"yeah, i did." he wiped his mouth with a towel then turned off the bathroom light, walking into our bedroom. "go back to sleep, my love." he whispered, laying down next to me.

"okay, dani. i love you." i said, snuggling up to him as close as possible.

"i love you too, baby." he whispered, kissing my forehead.

i closed my eyes and started to drift off to sleep, when i heard daniel start talking. my eyelids were too droopy to open, so i just listened to what he was saying.

"hey small baby. i'm your daddy (i like that daddy (; XD). i know you are really little, but i want you to be nice to your mommy while i'm away. i'm going to be gone for a couple of months, and while i'm gone your mommy and aunt christina are going to be by themselves taking care of you and your cousin. i'm not going to be able to be there to help out. it worries me so much that something bad is going to happen and i'm not going to be able to be there to fix it. i love you and your mommy so much, you know that? just take it easy on her, please. it hurts me so much to have you guys away from me. i'm always trying to help your mommy as much as possible so you guys can be safe. when i'm not there, i can't help your mommy. being away from her hurts me so much. you and mommy are now my whole universe and i'm trying to do everything in my power to keep you guys safe, but i can't do that when i'm away. so just promise me that you'll be easy on her and not cause her any stress, because seeing her sad or angry or stressed out just makes me so upset and i do everything in my power to make her happy. please be nice to her, little sunshine. i love you." i felt him plant a kiss on my stomach then place one hand on it, wrapping the other one around my body.

if i weren't half asleep, i would probably be tearing up at his speech, but i was too tired to do anything. soon, i drifted off to sleep in daniel's arms.

~

i woke up in the middle of the night with stomach cramps. i got up from bed quickly, and went into the bathroom where i threw up a few times then wiped my mouth and went back to bed. when i went back into the bedroom, daniel was sitting up in bed, rubbing his eyes and looking worried.

"are you okay, baby?" he asked me, as i laid back down next to him. "i heard you throw up and i was about to go in there."

"i'm fine, daniel. it's just something that's gonna happen when you're pregnant and having morning sickness. it's fine, dani." i assured him, cuddling up to him.

"i just need to make sure you guys are safe, that's all." he sighed, wrapping his arms around me, making me feel warm and protected.

"i'm safe, don't worry." i whispered, going back to sleep.

i'll always be safe with you.