1.5

[D A N I E L  S E A V E Y]

"ugh. i miss it when you were over at our house 100% of the time. i hate having to text you to come over." i whined through the phone.

recently, elaina and i haven't been able to see each other much because she lives in her own apartment and she has many shoots at random times of the day. our schedules don't really correspond well with each other.

"i miss it, too." she sighed. "wait, i have an idea!" she exclaimed.

"what?"

"you should come live with me in my apartment. due to my job, i'm not supposed to leave. if you came and lived with me, we could be alone." she emphasized the word alone.

"i don't know. it's not really that easy, babe. you should have seen the fight that david put up when corbyn wanted to move out and live with his wife. we're just boyfriend and girlfriend. i don't really know how david would react to that." i told her honestly. when corbyn and christina got married, corbyn told david he was moving out to live with christina in their own house. let's just say, he wasn't too happy about that. he thought the band might break apart due to corbyn not being there.

"it's worth a shot, right?" she asked. i could practically hear her smile through the phone.

"hell yeah. i'll call him later and ask him." i told her.

"ask him now, baby." she begged.

"but i want to talk to you." i whined, not wanting to end the call.

"no buts. you can call me back later."

"but-"

she ended the call before i could argue. jesus, she's gotten so much more stubborn over the years. i like it.

my finger hovered over the call button on david's contact name for many seconds. i didn't know how he was go to react, and i definitely didn't want him to get mad at me and have that effect the band. on the other hand, living alone with elaina is all i've ever wanted. i've always just wanted it to be me and her against the world.

before i even realized it, i heard the front door open and david's voice. i guess he was coming over anyways. i got up from my bed and went downstairs to find david in the living room.

"hey david, i need to talk to you about something." i said nervously.

"anything, bud. what is it?" he asked, sitting me down on the couch.

"i was, uh, wondering if i could, um, go living with elaina in her apartment." i told him, my voice shaky due to the nervousness in my system.

"hell yeah, dude. if this girl is the only thing keeping you from not being depressed, then go live with her. the band has been doing so much better since you got back together with her. so hell yeah. move in with her. it'll be better for the band if you're more happy." he told me, causing a huge smile to grow on my face.

"thanks, man. you have no idea how happy this makes me." i told him, grinning like a huge idiot.

"no problem. go tell her." he shooed me off and i ran up to my room and immediately grabbed my phone and facetimed elaina.

"he said yes!" was the first thing i said when her face popped up on the screen.

"wait, really?" she asked excitedly.

"really, baby." i assured her.

she got up from where she was sitting on her bed and did a little happy dance in the middle of the room, causing me to start laughing.

"i love you, dani." i smiled when she said that. it's the first time she's called me by my old nickname since we broke up. "what?" she asked, looking at the smile on my face.

"that was the first time you called me dani since we broke up." i explained to her.

"well, get used to it. it's your nickname and you're being called that all the time now." she told me smiling.

"okay, babygirl." i said, referring to her old nickname that i called her.

"see, there's a first time to everything." she said laughing.

"i have to go, baby. david is calling a meeting, but i'll call you back later and we can talk about the moving in thing. i love you."

"love you too, dani."