4.8

[E L A I N A  H O P E]

one month later...

i woke up to the sound of my phone dinging beside me on the nightstand and the blinding sunlight peering through the windows of the bedroom. i picked up my phone and it was a text from the one and only, daniel james seavey.

--

dani boi 🐍💞: i couldn't think of anything else to send you this morning, but i want you to know that you are my universe, the moon to my earth, the stars to my galaxy, i hope you know what i'm getting at: you mean everything to me. i would be absolutely nothing without you. sure i would have money, fame, and pretty much anything a greedy man would want, but i wouldn't have any source of happiness without you. any day i would throw away everything if it meant i got to be with you for the rest of my life, because you are the one thing that keeps me alive and content everyday. i love you so freaking much and you're the greatest girlfriend a man could ever have. when i'm with you, i feel like everything is going right. words can't describe how much i love you, but i love you so much. i can't wait to see you again really soon. i can't get you out of my mind. you're the reason i wake up with a smile every morning and go to sleep with a smile every night. you are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me and i want you to know that i love you so so so so so so so so so much. i hope you're having a good morning, baby. ps, call me when you wake up. i love you. 💞

--

i smiled widely at daniel's text and screenshotted it, posting it on instagram. i captioned it, 'one of the best things to wake up to in the morning. i love you too, daniel 💞'. after that, i told siri to call daniel.

after four rings, he picked up.

"hey baby," he said, his tone more cheerful than it would normally be.

"hey daniel," i said happily, "that is like the greatest good morning text anyone can wake up to. i miss you."

"i miss you too, elaina. we'll see each other really soon, though," he told me, and i could practically hear his smile through the phone.

suddenly, christina walked through the door with a big smile on her face. gosh, why was everyoe so bubbly today?

"hey elaina, get ready and dress in something semi-nice. we're going somewhere. meet me in the backyard," she said, but before i could argue, she walked out the door.

"okay, that was weird. christina just told me to dress semi-nice and meet her in the backyard," i chuckled, "i should probably go get ready. i don't know what christina is dragging me into at 9 o'clock in the morning, but i better get to it."

"yeah, go. and hurry up, you don't want to keep christina waiting," he said, sounding almost like he was anxious or nervous.

"uh, okay. bye, dani."

"bye, baby. i'll talk to you later," and after he said that, he quickly ended the call. 

i was still extremely confused, but i just shrugged it off and went over to the closet where i pulled out a blue blouse and some white pants. after changing, i went into the bathroom and curled my hair and put on some light makeup. i grabbed my purse and exited the bedroom.

i went downstairs and headed towards the back door. when i opened it, i was completely shocked: daniel was standing there in a black and white suit, while the other boys standing behind him in a straight line, also wearing suits. i looked over to the side and saw christina and ellery standing there with their phones out, recording what was happening. why would they be recording, though?

then, the boys started singing the harmony to a song that i recognized. it was the song that daniel would always sing to me when i was in doubt of anything that regarded our relationship. it was our song.

daniel stepped forward and started singing,

"i have died everyday waiting for you
darling don't be afraid, i have loved you
for a thousand years. i'll love you for a 
thousand more.

all along i believed i would find you
time has brought your heart to me 
and i have loved you for a thousand
years. i'll love you for a thousand more."

the boys were still singing the harmony in the background when daniel came up and grabbed my hands, smiling like a complete idiot. on the other hand, i was standing there frozen, still oblivious to what was happening in that moment.

"elaina may hope, you are the light of my life. i want more than anything for you to know why i love you, and now i'm going to tell you exactly why: you're the girl that only prefers one rose instead of a dozen. you're the girl that would rather stay in on a friday night than go to a party with complete strangers. you're not the girl who would make me wait on you all the time, but the girl who would do anything for me and to make me happy, even when i try to let you relax and do something for you, you're always making sure that i am having a good time as well. you're the girl that would rather stay inside while wearing sweats and one of my hoodies and have a movie night than get all dressed up to go to a fancy restaurant. you're the girl that would rather stay up all night sharing secrets while talking and laughing than forcing me to go out with you to do something that you know i wouldn't enjoy. you're the girl that wouldn't make me hold your bags, but would rather hold my hand instead. you're the girl that will love me more than anyone could possibly dream of. you're the girl that would do anything to see me smile, and that's why i want to ask you an extremely important question that could change our lives forever," he took his hands away from mine and pulled out a small black box from his pocket and got down on one knee, "elaina, will you make me the happiest man on this planet earth and marry me?" he opened the box which revealed the most beautiful ring i had ever seen in my whole life.

after that, i couldn't make words escape my mouth because of pure happiness, so i just covered my mouth with my hands and nodded. daniel smiled widely and stood up, pulling one of the hands away from my face and putting the ring on my ring finger, then enveloping me in a huge hug. 

the boys, christina, and ellery were all cheering, but daniel and i didn't pay attention to them, only to us and what was happening in the moment. he pulled away from the hug and looked at me straight in the eyes, and pulled me into a kiss. we both smiled through it and pulled away, looking into each other's eyes once again with the biggest smiles i think we've ever had on our faces before.

i pulled him back into another hug and whispered into his ear, "i love you so much. thank you, daniel."

"i love you so much more, elaina," he whispered back, nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck.

after a few moments of us hugging like that, he said, "i want to show you something."

"okay," i smiled, so he pulled away from the hug and took my hand, leading me out of the back gate of the house and stopping in front of the house next door.

"why did we stop?" i asked confused, as we were just standing in front of this house.

"do you like this house?" he asked, and i nodded, though i was severely confused as to why daniel was asking me if i liked the house, "is it somewhere you would find comfort living?" once again, i nodded. the house was absolutely beautiful.

"why are you asking me this stuff?" i questioned him.

"because the house is ours."