5.4

[D A N I E L  S E A V E Y]

"baby, wake up. we're here," i whispered, lightly shaking elaina to wake her up. we had just finished the fourteen hour drive to portland from los angeles.

"what time is it?" he asked, her voice raspy and tired.

"it's around three o'clock in the morning. let me help you out," i told her quietly, exiting the car and picking up elaina out of the passenger's seat. she cuddled into my chest and closed her eyes.

i smiled at her and kissed her forehead, before getting out my keys and entering the house. it was quiet except for the sound of the ticking clock in the kitchen. both of my parents must have gone to bed.

i closed the door behind me and carefully carried elaina into my bedroom, laying her down on the bed. i pulled off her jeans and shirt, putting one of my hoodies on her (this is totally normal). i pulled off the shirt i was wearing and put on some sweatpants, laying down in bed bed to her. she cuddled up to me, and we fell asleep in each other's arms.

~

i woke up to elaina running her hand up and down my bare chest. i squinted at the alarm clock to see the time, and it was 4:54 in the morning. i tried to look at elaina, but it was pitch black in my room and i couldn't see her face.

"baby, what are you doing up?" i asked groggily, moving my hand up and stroking her hair.

"i slept nine hours in the car and now i can't sleep anymore," she responded, laying her head on my chest.

i tried my hardest to stay up with her, but it was no use. my eyes couldn't stay open any longer and i drifted back to sleep.

~

i started to come into consciousness at about noon, when i felt elaina tracing the outlines of my chest. i guess she hadn't gone back to sleep since this morning. i rolled over and kissed her forehead, whispering, "good morning."

"hey baby," she whispered back, snuggling up to me and wrapping her arms around my body.

"have you slept at all since last night?" i asked her, but she shook her head no, "awh baby, we can lay down and cuddle if you want?" i suggested, and she nodded in agreement, so i wrapped my arm around her and held her close to my body, never wanting to let go of this precious human being.

eventually, i heard soft snores emitting from her mouth, causing me to smile to myself. this girl, this beautiful and amazing girl, was actually mine. out of all the men in this world that probably throw themselves at her, she chose me. plain, old daniel seavey. not daniel seavey, pop star, 1/5 of why don't we. she chose daniel seavey, boy from portland, likes to go hiking and sleep in his free time. she chose me for me, not for my fame or money. and that's what i love about her.

~

[E L A I N A  H O P E]

"okay kids, you guys can go do your little private present exchange because you refuse to do it in front of us," keri said, so daniel and i got up and went into his room with the gifts we got each other for christmas.

"i wanna go first," daniel said, pulling out a little box with some wrapping paper on it.

"did keri wrap this?" i questioned, looking at the very neatly wrapped box.

"how'd you know?" he questioned.

"because it's extremely neat," i explained, and he rolled his eyes playfully.

"just open it," he insisted. i started unwrapping the paper and i could see a jewelry box inside. i raised an eyebrow at him, and he just smiled innocently at me. i opened it the rest of the way, then opened the box. inside was a silver bracelet with some coordinates engraved in it.

"what are these coordinates?" i asked, looking at the beautiful bracelet inside of the black velvet box.

"it's the exact place where i proposed. sure, it might be corbyn and christina's backyard, but it's still the exact spot," he smiled, and i slipped on the bracelet, "and i also thought, i've given you two rings," i looked down at the beautiful engagement ring sat on the third finger of my left hand and smiled, "and a necklace, but i am yet to give you a bracelet."'

"speaking of proposals, we need to tell your family before they see the ring," i told him, causing his eyes to go wide in realization that we haven't told them, "but it's so beautiful. thank you daniel." i kissed him, then grabbed my present. it was much bigger than his.

"holy hell why the fuck is it so big?" (that's what she said XD) he questioned, causing me to giggle.

"just open it," i told him, so he ripped the paper  off of it.

it was a board with two heart rates on it. on one it said 'zachary robert seavey - 10/26/22' and 'elizabeth marie seavey - 10/26/22'.

"it's the heart rates of the twins the day we had our first ultrasound," i told him, smiling widely.

"baby, i love it," he said, kissing my forehead, "where are we going to hang it?"

"we could hang it in our room. there's a totally open wall in there," i suggested, and he nodded in agreement.

"i like that idea," he smiled, pecking my lips.

"okay, now let's go tell your parents, tyler, christian, and anna about the engagement," i said urgently, pulling him up off of the bed and into the kitchen where everyone was chatting and conversing amongst themselves. i cleared my throat and everyone turned to us. i pushed daniel forward so he could tell them.

"you want me to tell them?" he questioned, looking at me with pleading eyes. i nodded at him and he sighed, "okay, we have an announcement," he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him, "we're getting married."

all of them smiled and cheered, coming up to us and engulfing us in hugs and saying their own congratulations. i heard daniel whisper in my ear, "i just want to cuddle. i don't like all of this attention." then let out a quiet laugh.

knowing that we probably wouldn't be able to escape them for a while, i decided to make an excuse. "hey, i'm actually not feeling too well. i think i'm going to lay down."

"i'll go with you," daniel said, grabbing my hand and leading me toward his room.

once we got inside, he closed the door and pulled me into a kiss that was honestly more on the rough side, but i wasn't complaining. the kiss started to get heated, so i pulled away before we did something that we might regret.

"nooo, why'd you pull away?" he whined, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"because, i don't want to go any farther," i told him, patting his shoulder.

"god dammit," he mumbled under his breath, then i had a thought.

"you're a horny boy, aren't you?" i said, trying not to let my laugh escape, but when he nodded, i couldn't help but led out a loud laugh.

"hey, i've been doing good. i've barely been horny at all during this pregnancy," he pointed out, and i giggled at his defensiveness.

"well, i'm sorry buddy. i can't help you," i said, escaping his grip and getting into bed.

"ugh, i just want to, like, you know... do intercourse. but we can't since you're pregnant," he sighed, plopping down next to me. when he said that, i started laughing hysterically.

"i-i'm sorry for laughing," i said in between laughs. he huffed and wrapped his arms around me, calming me down from my laughing fit.

"let's just cuddle," he mumbled, so i scooted up to him and laid my head on his chest while he stroked my hair, making me drift off to sleep.

a/n:

so i actually found out that you can have sex while you're pregnant, like, the day after writing this, so don't go commenting that you can because i already know. i just didn't feel like changing it. oh well.