After a few seconds, I sighed, realizing just how crazy I sounded. I drew in a deep breath and then tucked the picture in my wallet. I stood up and then turned to go when I halted.

Jesus blessed Christ.

"I'm--I'm sorry." She stammered. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop on your conversation. I just--I just wanted to get some water and then I--" She paused. "I didn't want to interrupt." She explained,her voice drying off at the end. I don't know why I started walking towards her but before I realized what I was doing, I was already standing in front of her.

"I didn't hear anything you said, I just-" She started to explain again, her brown brown eyes staring up at me. "I just got he--" She continued but before she could complete her statement, I did what I'd been dying to do right from the first day she walked into my office.

I kissed her.

Kimberly's POV

'You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world. But you have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.'

I couldn't sleep.

I'd spent the last three hours staring at this one line from 'the fault in our stars'. My thoughts were all over this place and I'd thought reading would help,but It wasn't doing much at this point. I bit down on my lower lip and then sighed as I closed the book and turned to lie in my back.

Mum had managed to pull us together somehow but Keenan Monroe was way out of my league. I'd gone through a lot recently and the last thing I needed was falling in with someone who would never reciprocate my feelings. I sighed and then sat up. I needed some water, and I needed some sleep.

What I felt for Keenan was merely attraction. And it'd go away soon.

I slipped out of the bed and made my way out of the room. I climbed down the stairs and then took a left turn. I had no idea where the kitchen was but seeing as the penthouse wasn't all that big,I finding it wouldn't be all that hard. Besides, it had to be down here... Right?

Five minutes later, I was exactly where I started.. In front of the stairs. I decided to go right this time and I'd just taken a few steps forward when I heard something... Someone.

It seemed weird that someone would be awake by this time,and against my better judgement, I walked towards the direction of the voice.

Maybe I could ask where the kitchen was.

Fortunately, the door was open so I didn't have to touch it.

I felt my heart skip a beat when I saw Keenan slouched on one of the stools. He whispered something to himself that I didn't really hear and I knew it was wrong to stay, but I was curious.

"What am I supposed to do,Meg?" He asked again after a few seconds. I felt my heart stop.

His back was turned to me so I couldn't see what he was doing, but I knew the name Megan. Roxi told me about her once. She was his dead fiance.

"You used to always have the answers to everything. What am I supposed to do?" He asked again after a moment and then sighed. I watched him make a few random movements and then stand up. I knew that if he turned around, he would see me. And I knew that I should go, but something compelled me to stay.

I didn't realize how wrong my choices were until his eyes met mine. For a few seconds, I just stood there like a complete idiot.

Think, Kimberly. Think.

I wanted to say something, but I couldn't seem to come up with the right words. I drew in a deep breath.

"I'm-I'm sorry." I stammered. He stared at me with curious eyes, forcing me to continue. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop on your conversation, I just-I just wanted to get some water and I didn't want to interrupt-" I was saying but the fact that he was walking towards me was making it very hard for my brain to function properly. I swallowed hard. "I didn't hear anything you just said-" I was gazing up at him now since he was standing right in front of me. My heart was beating hard against my chest and I was running out of breath.

I had no idea why being this close to him affected me this way.

"I just got her--" I was saying but before I could finish, his lips crashed down on mine. For a mini-second, I stood there confused and completely awestruck.
But then I kissed him back. I felt his hands encircle my waist and pull me closer, sending shock waves through my body. I ran my fingers through his hair, standing on my toes to get closer,our lips moving in perfect synchronization.

I wanted him,I wanted this.

His hand moved down the small of my back, pulling me even closer to him. And then he pulled away almost immediately,a look of disbelief on his face. As much as I hated to admit it,I knew exactly what was coming next.

"I-I'm sorry." He placed his hand over his face. "I have absolutely no idea why I did that." He added. I drew in a deep breath and then bit down on my lower lip. "God, I'm so sorry." He took a few steps back... And then he was gone.

Short A/N:

Hey guys, so I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. It took me a really, really long time to write this down.

Also,don't forget to hit the star below👇👇👇👇.