13. The Fake Number

Start from the beginning

"Who is it?" Just then a female voice is heard. The memo fell from his hand. Her voice is still the same.

"Let me." The woman takes over the phone. "Sorry, but I think you dial a wrong number." She said. The softness in her voice was still the same. Suga gathered his courage and say,

"Y-yeah. S-sorry." his voice was shaky. Before she could say anything more, Suga quickly closed the line. He stares the memo on the floor. He bit his lips.

"F**k you!" He cursed while punching on the floor. He gritted his teeth. His dad lied to him. How dare his dad gave him the wrong number as he kept on trying to contact her every day, as many times as he could.

His mom gave the memo to him before she leaves but he threw it away before looking at the content. Week after that, he remembered about it and asked if his dad still have it because he knew his dad would pick it up for him. His dad then gave that false memo to him. His dad really doesn't want him to keep in touch with her anymore.

"Erghh.." Suga growled. He tried to hold his anger. He could blast anytime now.

...

Jin drove as fast as he can after he got a call from Suga. His voice sounded like he was just after crying; asking if he could be with him right now.

When he arrived, Suga was already at the front gate. Suga gets in the car. Jin didn't ask anything but pressed on the engine and drove somewhere that could ease Suga's mind state. He looked hopeless. Jin would glance at him from time to time to make sure he was okay while Suga quietly looking out the window.

After one hour and half, they arrived in somewhere isolated uphill. From there, they can see the morning view of Seoul. Suga got off soon when Jin parked the car facing the view. Suga sat on the front bumper and looked at the view. Jin just stared at him from inside the car.

Jin then switched on the radio and the Lost Stars was played in the air. He cranked up the volume before joining Suga. He sat beside him and glanced to him. When Suga showed no response, Jin took a look at the view. They were both immersed in deep thought as the song played and the breezes hit them.

"You knew that after they divorced, I couldn't contact her anymore." Suga suddenly start talking after a long silence.

Jin nodded and answered 'Yeah'.

"It wasn't her fault. She's not giving me a wrong number. It was dad. He swapped it." Suga said in tone containing angers. Jin looked shock.

"Really?"

When Suga nods, Jin commented, "Seems like he really don't want you to see her anymore." Suga just stay silent after that. He was thinking about something else.

Why? Why did his father done that?

"But I think, he must have a reason to do that. Besides, we still don't know why they divorced though." Jin looked at Suga. He hopes his word make sense.

"Yeah." Suga replied a word. The thought his father was innocent came in mind. Does he really is innocent?

"Come on, let's have lunch." Jin walked to the driver seat after he realized that they were there for an hour now. They went downhill where there is a small restaurant located just after the gate. They ate their lunch there and Jin then brought Suga to the mall.

"What are we doing here?" Suga asked as he unfastened the belt. Jin grins naughtily.

"Let ease our mind, our body. Release the stress out." Jin moves his hand. Suga rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. So what's your plan?" Suga looked at him.

"Let's watch a movie. My treat." Jin opened the door.