Chapter 47 ~ The Basement

Danielle P.O.V

     "Going to the Chapel of love were going to get married." I sang to myself The Dixie Cup song as I passed by people working at Jumpstreet. I had made it to my desk, and the first thing I did was sit down in my own chair.

     But that luxury didn't last long because Fuller had exited his Office and immediately began to call my name.

"Lavinski!"

     I rolled my eyes and raised my hand.

"Present!" I screamed back.

     Fuller looked over at my direction and placed his hands on his hips. He then with his right hand signaled me to his office. I stood up from my precious chair and entered his office. I didn't bother to sit.

"Did you talk with Overwright?"

     I nodded as he walked past me to take a seat at his desk.

"Yea, I talked to her about it."

"Well?" Asked Fuller while raising his eyebrows.

"She said she's coming tomorrow morning to talk to you."

"Good." Replied Fuller, there was a slight pause.

"How did the others take it? You know Judy and the rest?" I asked.

     Fuller took in hand his black pen and opened a file and said,

"I haven't told them."

     I scrunched my face at his answer.

"Then, when are you going to tell them?" I asked,

     Fuller never made eye contact with me instead he slightly smiled.

"Oh, I'm not going to tell them, remember Lavinski you're in charge." Informed Fuller,

     My drowsiness was immediately yanked away from me. I knew that they were going to be a tough crowd to agree on having Alice help us and Fuller knew that.

"Captain.."

     Fuller interrupted me before I could finish my statement.

"You Promised." Reminded Fuller.

     My jaw tightened.

"Alright... I'll talk to them."

     With that, I left his office. I didn't really know how I was going to tell them. Booker and Hanson were on a case. Judy and Harry were out having lunch. I would have to wait until later. 

     I took notice of Sal walking towards my desk.

"Hey, Sal."

     I immediately smiled in his presence.

"Hey Danielle, what are you up to?"

     I sighed.

"Work as usual. What about you? I haven't seen you around lately."

"I've been working in the Chapel's basement. Fuller wanted me to clean it up a bit." Replied Sal

"We have a basement?"

"Yea were planning on turning a part of it into a filing room."

"Huh, that's good, these files are taking over," I stated.

     A file room would be nice, but I know that kind of stuff costs money, money we didn't exactly have.

"Well, I should get back down there before the Captain sees me in conversation."