Chapter 33 ~ Jealousy?

Danielle's P.O.V 

The Chapel

      I ripped a blank lined page out of an old notebook and crumpled it up. I closed one of my eyes to try to line it up to the trash bin. I then gently threw it, it ended up bouncing off the rim.

"Frick."

     Judy sat at her desk reading a magazine, while Harry read a page of a newspaper. Booker was also seated in his desk trying to solve a rubix cube. I crumpled up another piece of paper but this time I threw it at Booker. It bounced off his chest and onto his lap. He looked up at me rubix cube still in hand.

"You won't make it!" I yelled across the room.

      Booker placed the rubix cube on his desk. He then grabbed the crumpled paper and crumpled it even more. I relaxed myself and put my back against my chair. I sat there smugly knowing he wasn't going to make it across the room. He gave me a slight smile before bending his wrist and throwing the paper. It glided across the room and landed right inside the metal bin.

     I pushed my body forward and gave Booker a surprised look. I then pointed my index finger towards the bin.

"It's rigged!"

"Hey, nice shot." Said Harry.

       Harry placed his pen down and said,

"Let me try."

     I crumpled another piece and sent it flying towards him. Judy had then joined in.

"Harry you know you won't make that shot." Said Judy in a playful manner.

"Oh c'mon Judy have a little faith." Replied Harry

       I laughed,

"Like, George Michael."

     The room became quiet.

"Danielle no one understands your references." Stated Harry, while everyone else nodded.

      I raised my index finger,

"Guilty." 

     We slowly began to laugh again. I was actually having a good time, I know that may sound terrible because of the situation were in. But yesterday I was a mess and today I'm actually okay. That actually sounds too much like a familiar Queen song. Anyway this has been the best way I have gotten through a tough situation.

"Hey guys, this has actually been a good day." I announced.

"Hello, anybody here?"

     I knew that annoying voice that came from an annoying red head. Hearing that voice made me utter,

"Nevermind, I take it all back. I spoke too soon. It's a horrible day." 

"Hey Deputy Garrett, what are you doing here?" Asked Judy.

"Morning, I'm here to see Hanson. He was supposed to meet me in my office this morning" She replied.

"For what?" I asked, knowing she wasn't going to tell me the real reason.

"Private business." She replied

"What Kind of private business?"

"Ones that don't concern you."

      I never liked Jackie, there was something about her that just ticked my meter.

"Hm, that's too bad." I said,