Chapter 19 ~ Due

Danielle P.O.V

Jumpstreet Chapel

     I walked back into the Chapel after parking my car in the parking lot. I could see Judy talking to Harry in her desk. They must have finished signing files. I needed to talk to fuller about the drug dealing that Ricardo told me about. I walked by Judy's desk, I quickly waved at them and made my way to Fuller's office. I knocked on the office door giving my knuckles a tingling feeling. I heard a stern voice say  "Come in."   I made my way inside, Fuller was seated in his usual spinning chair. He wore a khaki colored wool sweater. 

"hi captain."

     I sat down in one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"Something wrong?"

"No, I just got some information given to me by a student."

"Is it on Marty and his freinds?"

"Well I dont know, a student named Ricardo Dez talked to me about a drug deal that happened in the school library. He told me a librarian that worked there witnessed it."

"And you think it's connected to Marty?"

"Well it could be. I was just unsure since I never read any reports about it."

"That's because their isn't one."

"So It didn't happen?"

"There are chances it could have happened. Does the librarian still work there?"

"No Ricardo told me that she just left, she also left some belongings."

"It could have happened it just wasn't reported."

" But why?"

"That's for you to find out Lavinski."

     I nodded knowing it was my time to skedaddle. I quickly left his office. I walked over to Judy's desk. Great now  have something else to find out I thought of maybe trying to find something in the librarian's desk that would hopefully lead up to something.

"Hey guys did you finish signing the files?"

"Ye there all done."

     I lifted both of my hands, giving them high fives.

"Hey, I can bring them to the station, I gotta go there anyway."

     I began picking up the heavy piles of files, holding them in my hand.

"I'll help."

     Harry began to pick up the other pile. He followed me to my car. I loaded the files on the back seats of my car. 

"Thanks Harry."

     I opened my car door and went inside. Harry stood outside, I waved to him and backed out of the parking lot.

Metropolitan Police Station

     After parking my car in the police station parking lot. I unloaded one of the piles of files. And made my way inside. I placed the files on the counter. I gave the police officer in back of the counter a cheesy smile.

"Hey Joe!"

     Joe gave me a bothered look.

"What can I do for ya?"

"Just came to turn in some files, but wait there's more in my car."

       I got the other pile from my car, placing them next to the original pile on the counter.

"One more thing, can I see Westerfield High's files."

      Joe nodded and escaped out of his chair. He returned with a file filled with different papers. I took the file in hand and thanked Joe. I left the station and made my way to the chapel.