Chapter 30 ~ Whoops

Alice P.O.V

     Hanson took hold of the can of soda, the one I had bought him earlier. He popped it open and began taking small sips of it. There was eventually a moment where the movement of the car didn't do him any good. 

     The drinking part of the can touched his mouth, but he wasn't swallowing anything. I hardly thought he was getting any soda to taste. He suddenly jumped forward making about half of the soda spill out of the can. Luckily for Hanson, his legs were wide open, meaning none of it spilled on him.

     In contrast, the interior of his car wasn't as lucky. Hanson looked down on the passenger side's rug in distaste.

    I slightly shrugged.

"Sorry, did I forget to say seatbelts?"

     Hanson gave me an 'Are you serious' look. I decided to next time use my words cautiously not  wanting to insult him. I cleared my throat.

"Are you okay? You looked like you choked a little."

    He shook his head.

"No, I didn't even get to swallow it."

     He closed one of his eyes and peeked inside the can opening with his other open one. He slightly moved it around, similar to how people move their wine glass before tasting the actual wine.

"Careful, you might get it in your eye."

    Hanson said nothing. I tried concentrating on the road. There wasn't a lot of cars out here, so it was quite easy to get through. I remembered something to tell Hanson, before I got blamed by anything.

"By the way I'm sorry about your wallet."

     Hanson furrowed his eyebrows, giving me a confused look.

"Wallet?"

     As I began to speak Hanson patted his back pocket.

"Mr.Lincoln's other accomplice took some of your stuff, not that you had much anyway."

     Hanson looked through his wallet in a shocked manner. He pushed open the flaps in the wallet and checked inside of them.

"All of my money and credit card are gone!"

    I slightly grinned my teeth. Hanson said 'No' in a low voice and then began to repeat it, becoming louder and louder.

"No! No! They even took my bowling coupons!!"

     I scoffed.

"Bowling coupons?"

"I thought you said they only took some things?"

"Well yea, there's still some stuff in there. I can see it."

     Hanson opened the wallet up again. He pointed at some colorful cards. 

"These are just a bunch of useless business cards!"

"Sorry, I didn't know she would take all that."

     Hanson just sighed deeply.  We were one street away from the Jump Street chapel. Once we got there I rolled up into the parking lot. 

     I turned off the engine and we both got out of the car I set my eyes on something. It was a car I'am familiar with. The license plate assured me even more.

       I took Hanson by the arm.

"We have to go."

      Hanson gave me a puzzled look.

"Why? We just got here."

     I pointed over to Mr. Lincoln's car.

"He's here."

"Who?"

     I began to wonder if this Tom guy had any common sense.

"Mr.Lincoln you imbecile."

     Tom quickly turned around and checked behind him. He then turned back to my direction.

"Are you talking to me?"

      I re- opened the car door and pointed to the door on the opposite side.

"Get in the car."

"What if they need our help?"

     I began to consider his idea until I began to think about Booker.

"Booker and his friend should be on their way."

     Hanson took one last look the chapel before getting into the passenger side of his own car. I turned on the engine again once more. It was late and only one place to go from here.

Danielle P.O.V

The chapel

     I had pushed open the last stall in the girl's bathroom.

"See, there's nobody in here. I showed you every crack and cranny of this place. Now you and your scringy boss can leave."

    She pointed her gun to the door, signaling me to go in front of her. As much as I didn't want to, I still did. After we had finished touring everything she shouted to Mr. Lincoln.

"Hey boss, they're right, there's nobody here."

     Lincoln clutched his fist.

"Damn that Overwright."

Harry P.O.V

     I rolled up to the Chapel's parking lot. I followed behind Booker's car. Booker had told me about not finding anything himself, but he ran into Alice in the Diner and she was with Hanson. They said they were meeting us here at the Chapel.

     We parked our cars. We were surprised to find a couple Police car's here, especially at this time. I began to worry. What if something happened? 

     Before I could move forward Booker had stopped me. He looked around the parking lot.

"Hanson's car isn't here." Stated Booker

     I joined him on the search, and he was right, it wasn't.

"C'mon." I said

    I began to jog and Booker followed behind. I hoped everyone was okay.

Hey guys author here, I'm sorry the chapters lately have been kinda short. I ended up cutting them in half because I thought they would have been to long.

 What do you think is going to happen next?

And are you guys liking the story so far?